The Student Room Group

Sugar free red bull before exam

I have a big exam in a few days and im wondering if it s a good idea to drink a sugar free red bull before the test. I tried red bull last week in the morning and i felt it for a few hours and never felt the come down(i got tired later that day but it was late, when i usually get tired). the exam is 2 hours so i dont think id crash if i take it 20 mins before. the only reason i m considering it is the exam is at 8 so i have to get up at 6:45 and no matter how much sleep the night before i get i m always groggy that early in the morning and want to know if the red bull will help me be alert in the exam. i dont like coffee and sodas dont do anything for me. im not planning on doing it all the time and I know its awful for me. would it help?
Reply 1
Yeah go for it, but don't rely on it, some studies suggest that it only gives you a sense of alertness, and does not help your ability to focus. Eat a large breakfast, and stay hydrated with water, and you should be fine.
Reply 2
Thanks for the help! I have an easy exam the day before at the same time so I might try it then too see how it goes.
Reply 3
Original post by noaht99
Thanks for the help! I have an easy exam the day before at the same time so I might try it then too see how it goes.

Any time, hope it all goes well for you :smile:
Drink water. Stay hydrated.

Quick Reply

Latest