The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Do some intensive exercise before bed so you're worn out? :smile:
If you're not stressed why won't you be able to sleep?

I find making sure I'm fully prepared for the exam helps me to relax. Doing something relaxing before bed time is a good idea - i.e. don't do anything that's going to work your brain too much.
Take a long soak in the bath - always works for me! Perhaps put a few drops of lavendar essential oil or lavendar bubble bath in, to encourage sleep.

Don't drink anything with caffeine in it i.e tea, coffee, coca cola etc...

Once you've got into bed, make sure that there are no lights on and nothing distracting you. Then close your eyes and take deep deep breaths, counting to 5 on the inhale, and 5 again on the exhale. When we sleep, we naturally breathe deeply so slowing the breathing rate and in turn the heart rate will create the perfect conditions for sleep.
Reply 4
Anonymous
got an exam tommorow and im not too stressed but i know i wont be able to sleep tonight. Any ideas?

Good luck with the exam :smile:

I'm always in the same situation and I'm AWFUL. I try really hard to not think about the exam and distract myself so that my brain tires itself out.
Reply 5
Good luck!
I wouldn't do any exercise right before bed as it actually ups adrenaline levels, which you really don't want just before you sleep.
A bit of lavender oil on your pillow, if you have it, can help a lot. If you have any herbal tea, camomile is great for relaxing you, and Horlicks can really knock me out :rolleyes:
Sleeping tablets, though extreme, seem to have become the norm for me. What exam is it - C1/C2? :smile:
Reply 7
The only thing that hlps me get to sleep before an exam is: VICKS. i rub some of that on my nose, and when your inhaling it, it just makes you want to fall asleep...dunno why....and it also makes it hard for your eyes to stay open...it's quite relaxing actually, and it also eases breathing! lol
Reply 8
Energetic exercise won't help, but some gentle warm-down exercises might calm yourself down before going to bed. Failing that, you could try something like Cryosleep if your PC's near your bed (Google it).
Reply 9
Have some alcohol..sutin that will make you go sleepy but not so you cant wake up tomorrow ..or..go to sleep listening to your ipod, like slow jams or something, that one sometimes works for me, just dont forget to turn your ipod off though
Reply 10
hey anon, i too have exam, i too cannot sleep
intense exercise works for me, but thats just me....
i also find listening to my ipod helps, perhaps some pink floyd?

Latest

Trending

Trending