The Student Room Group

Higher Apprenticeships - Key Messages!

Scroll to see replies

Hi There,

I was wondering if there was any Maths/Sciences higher apprenticeship ? I cant seem to find any.:frown:
Thanks in Advance
Original post by Raf Islam
Hi There,

I was wondering if there was any Maths/Sciences higher apprenticeship ? I cant seem to find any.:frown:
Thanks in Advance

Hi,

Yes - depending on your location -

I have found the following in Science:
https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/658819

& live today are the following:
https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeships?ApprenticeshipLevel=Higher&Hash=1558324120&Keywords=higher&Latitude=52.48535&Longitude=-1.86152&Location=Birmingham%20%28West%20Midlands%29&LocationType=NonNational&PageNumber=3&ResultsPerPage=5&SearchAction=Sort&SearchField=All&SearchMode=Keyword&SortType=Relevancy&WithinDistance=0

You need to keep searching (or set up a saved search) as they change daily.

thanks
Liz
can someone who already has a degree (in an unrelated discipline) receive funding for a degree apprenticeship? is there any age limit?
Original post by endzone123
can someone who already has a degree (in an unrelated discipline) receive funding for a degree apprenticeship? is there any age limit?

yes it is possible to get funding, however you would need to meet normal apprenticeship eligibilityrequirements and the apprenticeship must be at an equivalent level orabove. i.e. if you have a degree you cannot go back and do a level 4. ThanksLiz
Thinking of doing a Higher Apprenticeship? Key Information about them is available here!
Original post by Apprenticeships-Liz
Key Messages regarding Apprenticeships:

Not all A’ level entrants will go straight onto a higher apprenticeship, some job roles will require people to undertake an intermediate or an advanced, eg. Engineering normally due to PMO being a requirement, all engineering entrants undertake an intermediate before progressing. The route to a career might have a different path to simply starting on a higher

That's just not true. It's not a requirement to complete an intermediate before.
Hi,

I've been reading around some entry requirements and a lot of them specify obviously that you must not have a degree. I'm considering leaving university after my first year as I had a lot of problems and it just doesn't seem like the right thing for me. I have made applications to transfer in September into Year 2 at a different institute, but now I've come across degree apprenticeships and I'm wondering whether I would be eligible since I've completed 1st year of uni this month.

Am I just automatically not eligible for any of them because I've done 1 year of uni or should I ring / email individual companies and ask them to specify?

Thanks in advance

Quick Reply

Latest