The Student Room Group

Update: How our community record system works

Hi everyone,

We have updated the guidance on our community record system here

These includes our new card the "Posting Tip" - we'll be providing new members with helpful tips to help them make the most out of TSR.

The card will appear on their community record with a message which provides guidance and will introduce you to some of community guidelines. It is not the same as a reminder (blue) card.

It looks like this

If you have any questions let me know :smile:

She-Ra

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Posting tips sound like a fab idea. :yy: I assume it pops up under notification tab? (Never had something alike so not sure.)
Original post by 8472
Posting tips sound like a fab idea. :yy: I assume it pops up under notification tab? (Never had something alike so not sure.)

That's right, members will be notified in the usual way :smile:
Original post by 8472

It pops up like a reminder:

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Roving Fish
It pops up like a reminder.

Give me a moment, I'll just warn one of my dupes (@Wandering Fish) (I need to do it for our documentation anyway).

How many test dupes do you have? :tongue:
Reply 5

http://puu.sh/i2iZ6/18d5d6a666.png

Nice name :wink: As long as it doesn't get blocked by ad block like the other pops up do.. can't fault that.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Slowbro93
How many test dupes do you have? :tongue:

Meandering Fish :beard:

Rambling Fish :beard:

Roaming Fish :beard:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Meandering Fish :beard:

Rambling Fish :beard:

Roaming Fish :beard:

I thought you said rolling fish and I then thought of this video:

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4s-u0OzuPk[/video]
I thought you said rolling fish and I then thought of this video:

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4s-u0OzuPk[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ7kEyRwEXk

I really want to have Scissor Sisters "I feel like dancing" playing to that :rofl:

Just to say that this isn't the correct messaging that should be included in the pop up :facepalm: - that's not very friendly is it :colonhash:

I'm making sure this gets changed asap :h:
I really want to have Scissor Sisters "I feel like dancing" playing to that :rofl:

Ask and ye shall receive :sigh:
:colonhash:

Stop taking my thread off-topic :fuhrer:

:tongue:
Original post by She-Ra
:colonhash:

Stop taking my thread off-topic :fuhrer:

:tongue:

Sorry :ashamed:
This is slightly off-topic but seeing as it likely comes under a "posting tip" I'll ask anyway.. Why is swear filter avoidance no longer in the reports categories list? Assuming it's still against the rules, what does it come under now?
Why just new members? Wouldn't it be a good idea to have these pop-up alerts for people who post threads in the wrong forum so that they know where to post similar threads in future - or does that already happen?
Original post by secretmessages
This is slightly off-topic but seeing as it likely comes under a "posting tip" I'll ask anyway.. Why is swear filter avoidance no longer in the reports categories list? Assuming it's still against the rules, what does it come under now?

Original post by Snufkin
Why just new members? Wouldn't it be a good idea to have these pop-up alerts for people who post threads in the wrong forum so that they know where to post similar threads in future - or does that already happen?

Just popping to lunch brb :smile:
Reply 17

under post tip.
Original post by Snufkin

The way how I see it is that if it's the first time you've ever done it then a reminder card should be given out. However, this is more likely to happen with a new member (which I consider less then 6 months) as opposed to to someone who's been on the site for say 2 years.

In addition if there is any confusion the card can be amended after the user comes to ask a CT :yep:

Thanks for pointing this out, this is a mistake and should be included. We'll get that updated asap. For now it could be reported under not constructive or offensiveness depending on the context.

Original post by Snufkin

Good point :smile:

We have a thread corrector in study help - this means that where ever you create a thread in study help it gives you a prompt to post it in a subject specific forum.

I can add one more generally for "you've posted in the wrong forum, we have just moved that for you" :smile:

:wizard:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending