The Student Room Group

Do we need to learn specific safety features of a car?

It's in the AQA AS text book for unit 2 but it's under 'how science works' which are bits that apparently don't get tested in the exam, but is it possible to get asked it? like a 6 marker or something?
Reply 1
Original post by tanyapotter
It's in the AQA AS text book for unit 2 but it's under 'how science works' which are bits that apparently don't get tested in the exam, but is it possible to get asked it? like a 6 marker or something?

No, the 'How Science Works' only gives you a scenario. It tries to give you an understanding of the topic in a scenario to make it easier for you. However I would advise reading it as a similar situation maybe given in the exam and they may ask you to apply your knowledge to it. But don't worry about knowing it from memory.
Original post by AJFShaz
No, the 'How Science Works' only gives you a scenario. It tries to give you an understanding of the topic in a scenario to make it easier for you. However I would advise reading it as a similar situation maybe given in the exam and they may ask you to apply your knowledge to it. But don't worry about knowing it from memory.

Thank you!

Also, do you reckon we need to learn the derivation of various things like sin i/sin r = c/cs or the one for fringe spacing?
Reply 3
Thank you!

Also, do you reckon we need to learn the derivation of various things like sin i/sin r = c/cs or the one for fringe spacing?

I don't believe so. If you're using AQA text book there usually is a small print saying: "You do not need this for the exam" me and my friends had a laugh about this a while ago and in all honesty ditched the AQA textbook and went with CGP Physics.
Original post by AJFShaz
I don't believe so. If you're using AQA text book there usually is a small print saying: "You do not need this for the exam" me and my friends had a laugh about this a while ago and in all honesty ditched the AQA textbook and went with CGP Physics.

Phew, thanks!
Reply 5
Phew, thanks!

No worries, any more help don't hesitate to ask.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending