The Student Room Group

mathematics gcse

any one need guidance/help for the edexcel mathematics exam?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 0daisy0
any one need guidance/help for the edexcel mathematics exam?

Yeah, especially with worded and capacity questions.it's just so confusing but at least I'm getting closer... I guess cause last time I got 65000, now I got 31.5 hours. The answers roughly 4 hours but still, come on, that's only 27.5 hours off

How's revision going?
Reply 3
Original post by Firenze26
Yeah, especially with worded and capacity questions.it's just so confusing but at least I'm getting closer... I guess cause last time I got 65000, now I got 31.5 hours. The answers roughly 4 hours but still, come on, that's only 27.5 hours off

How's revision going?

its hard, i;m revising right now, I need an A in maths
what grade are you after.
Original post by 0daisy0
its hard, i;m revising right now, I need an A in maths
what grade are you after.

Woah an A? Nice, good luck :smile:

I'm personally aiming for a B but people are forcing me to get an A* so yeah... So I just changed it to an A, median y'know. Are you having trouble with anything?
Reply 5
Woah an A? Nice, good luck :smile:

I'm personally aiming for a B but people are forcing me to get an A* so yeah... So I just changed it to an A, median y'know. Are you having trouble with anything?

vectors, i hate them,
what are you doing for A level, if not maths,don't worry .
Original post by 0daisy0
vectors, i hate them,
what are you doing for A level, if not maths,don't worry .

Well, I'm kind of adequate enough in vectors so if you need any help or something just ask.

I'm thinking of doing bio, chem, maths and history but I'm still not sure about history cause one of the course I want to generally requires either further maths or physics so yeah... what about you?
Reply 7
Well, I'm kind of adequate enough in vectors so if you need any help or something just ask.

I'm thinking of doing bio, chem, maths and history but I'm still not sure about history cause one of the course I want to generally requires either further maths or physics so yeah... what about you?

further maths- Wow what grades are you predicted
I;m looking to do law, economics, maths and history and law at uni
Original post by 0daisy0
further maths- Wow what grades are you predicted
I;m looking to do law, economics, maths and history and law at uni

Currently I'm predicted these grades but they're so inaccurate and based on my yr 9 scores rather than APS so yeah, I'm being overestimated by my teachers and classmates:

History - A
English Lit - A
English Lang. - A/B (I haven't checked but apparently my grade in lang went up)
Maths - A*
Physics - A
RE - A*
IT - DD (A grade equivalent)
French - C

I already have an A from Chem and B in Bio from last year.

What about you? And btw, nice, a fellow history geek :smile:
Reply 9
Currently I'm predicted these grades but they're so inaccurate and based on my yr 9 scores rather than APS so yeah, I'm being overestimated by my teachers and classmates:

History - A
English Lit - A
English Lang. - A/B (I haven't checked but apparently my grade in lang went up)
Maths - A*
Physics - A
RE - A*
IT - DD (A grade equivalent)
French - C

I already have an A from Chem and B in Bio from last year.

What about you? And btw, nice, a fellow history geek :smile:

I've noticed the more intelligent people are always doomed with a one grade C/B.
I'm predicted As and B's, and 1 A* for business.
When did you start your revision
Original post by 0daisy0
I've noticed the more intelligent people are always doomed with a one grade C/B.
I'm predicted As and B's, and 1 A* for business.
When did you start your revision

Aww, thanks but srsly, those grades are so inaccurate.

And wow, those are really good grades Oo0. Congrats :smile:

Revision? I haven't even started. I mean sure I go to school revision and for a brief moment I kinda tutored someone but, personally, I haven't even started. I might start tomorrow though. What about you?

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:
Reply 11
Aww, thanks but srsly, those grades are so inaccurate.

And wow, those are really good grades Oo0. Congrats :smile:

Revision? I haven't even started. I mean sure I go to school revision and for a brief moment I kinda tutored someone but, personally, I haven't even started. I might start tomorrow though. What about you?

P.S.

Its good to tutor someone, but I don't have anyone to. I started revising when the exams first started, for example I have been revising maths all day today.
I think you just underestimate yourself, if your considering sciences for A level, then your capable.
Reply 12
If I don't revise I probably would get Cs :frown:
Well, you're doing better than me. And btw, I'm sure you can still get B if you don't revise... not that I'm telling you not to revise (please revise)

No, it's true, I'm barely passing my classes although i'm not sure if it's cos of me or the fact I don't revise.

How's maths going btw?

P.S.

Reply 14
Well, you're doing better than me. And btw, I'm sure you can still get B if you don't revise... not that I'm telling you not to revise (please revise)

No, it's true, I'm barely passing my classes although i'm not sure if it's cos of me or the fact I don't revise.

How's maths going btw?

P.S.

Your grammars fine- you don't have to apologize.
Maths is so boring, I'm trying to do a paper in timed conditions.
You should consider revising because everyone has high expectations for you and you'll feel good once you find out your grades :smile:
Original post by 0daisy0
Your grammars fine- you don't have to apologize.
Maths is so boring, I'm trying to do a paper in timed conditions.
You should consider revising because everyone has high expectations for you and you'll feel good once you find out your grades :smile:

Thanks. Yeah, maths could be like that sometimes but at least, IMO, it's not French.

I'll probably start soon. At least I have a 4 hour maths lesson tomorrow so there's that.
Reply 16
Thanks. Yeah, maths could be like that sometimes but at least, IMO, it's not French.

I'll probably start soon. At least I have a 4 hour maths lesson tomorrow so there's that.

and I have a 2 hour History lesson, I think I have Maths too but not going to that
Original post by 0daisy0
and I have a 2 hour History lesson, I think I have Maths too but not going to that

History, lucky. My history teacher abandoned my class saying that we've already revised enough and I can't even join another class cause I'm not at risk. 😒

Well, good luck with that but wouldn't your head of year force you to go to maths revision?
Reply 18
History, lucky. My history teacher abandoned my class saying that we've already revised enough and I can't even join another class cause I'm not at risk. 😒

Well, good luck with that but wouldn't your head of year force you to go to maths revision?

I don't think that they can by law, because its the holidays.
A lot of teachers tend to care about those who are at risk of failing,what about if your at risk of getting a B ;(
Hi, does anyone have a method of actually remembering how to do things in maths, i am very capable of getting the right answer but i always forget how to do topics after a few days such as vectors for example. Its really annoying when i am a grade b student yet have the capability of doing a* Questions when i know what i am doing!

Quick Reply

Latest