The Student Room Group

Hello, my name is RaspberryPhi!

I'm studying... maths, english, triple science, history, german, graphics, and maths FSMQ.

I'm interested in... astrophysics, mythology, conlanging, and dragons (I'm very new to the conlanging and mythology, though)! I also read a lot, and occasionally write things.

My study level is... GCSE
Original post by RaspberryPhi
I'm studying... maths, english, triple science, history, german, graphics, and maths FSMQ.

I'm interested in... astrophysics, mythology, conlanging, and dragons (I'm very new to the conlanging and mythology, though)! I also read a lot, and occasionally write things.

My study level is... GCSE

Hey welcome to TSR. Have you checked out the yr 10 or yr 11 thread?

Sorry if this sounds weird but I just wanted to ask what's conlanging? And are you into computers because I think raspberry phi is a type of emulator hardware so I dunno, just got curious.
Reply 2
Original post by Firenze26
Hey welcome to TSR. Have you checked out the yr 10 or yr 11 thread?

Sorry if this sounds weird but I just wanted to ask what's conlanging? And are you into computers because I think raspberry phi is a type of emulator hardware so I dunno, just got curious.

I'm looking for an English Language thread at the moment :smile:

A conlang is a constructed language; conlanging is creating a conlang! Making up vocab, grammar, etc. And I got the username from a combo of 'raspberry pi', which is indeed a kind of mini-computer thingy, and 'phi', which is a greek letter used for the golden ratio :biggrin:
I'm looking for an English Language thread at the moment :smile:

A conlang is a constructed language; conlanging is creating a conlang! Making up vocab, grammar, etc. And I got the username from a combo of 'raspberry pi', which is indeed a kind of mini-computer thingy, and 'phi', which is a greek letter used for the golden ratio :biggrin:

English Language? Try going to the forum section, they have this menu, click secondary education, Fe colleges, etc. and then choose english. There's also study help but that's mostly for people asking questions for something specific.

That sounds so cool, how's that going? and wow, your username's pretty clever. What subjects are you thinking of doing for A-levels?
Reply 4
English Language? Try going to the forum section, they have this menu, click secondary education, Fe colleges, etc. and then choose english. There's also study help but that's mostly for people asking questions for something specific.

That sounds so cool, how's that going? and wow, your username's pretty clever. What subjects are you thinking of doing for A-levels?

Thank you :biggrin:

I'm kinda waiting for exams to finish before doing much more with my conlang. I don't know much about linguistics, so I have to learn about that! I'm going to do maths, further maths, physics, and psychology (or German if psychology turns out to be awful...) :smile: What about you?
Thank you :biggrin:

I'm kinda waiting for exams to finish before doing much more with my conlang. I don't know much about linguistics, so I have to learn about that! I'm going to do maths, further maths, physics, and psychology (or German if psychology turns out to be awful...) :smile: What about you?

I'm thinking of doing chem, bio, maths and history but due to some requirement thing I might be forced to take further maths or physics. Are you planning to do foreign relations in uni?
Reply 6
I'm thinking of doing chem, bio, maths and history but due to some requirement thing I might be forced to take further maths or physics. Are you planning to do foreign relations in uni?

Good luck, I hope you can do your first choice :smile: And no, I want to do physics at uni, can't say I've heard of foreign relations before! :colondollar: Do you want to do that?
Good luck, I hope you can do your first choice :smile: And no, I want to do physics at uni, can't say I've heard of foreign relations before! :colondollar: Do you want to do that?

Thanks, you too.

Foreign Relations? No way, apparently you need to be good in linguistics for that one and i'm really bad at public speaking too so no. I'm hoping to do either a science or engineering degree in uni. Are you doing like physics or a branch of physics like astrophysics or something?
Reply 8
Thanks, you too.

Foreign Relations? No way, apparently you need to be good in linguistics for that one and i'm really bad at public speaking too so no. I'm hoping to do either a science or engineering degree in uni. Are you doing like physics or a branch of physics like astrophysics or something?

Fellow science person! :cool: I'm planning on just doing physics, but I want to go into astrophysics (or possibly quantum physics. Either the very big, or the very small).
Fellow science person! :cool: I'm planning on just doing physics, but I want to go into astrophysics (or possibly quantum physics. Either the very big, or the very small).

Science FTW 😎

Nice, from a few things I've read quantum physics sounds amazing... Schrodinger's cat right?

Quick Reply

Latest