The Student Room Group

Warwick gem (a101) 2016 entry applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Josh-Love
I read on their website that they definitely used VR as a cut off last year. Perhaps they'll change it and make their cut off a different section? Here's hoping!

I wish... But im pretty sure they wont because they mentioned in a rejection email that it is a great indicator of future performance so i think it'll still count
The VR component is only to do better than the mean. I don't think many people got rejected solely off VR last year. Good luck!
Reply 22
For those asking about the VR cut off, I called up before the weekend and they said last year's VR cut off was 590..
Original post by Ben4757
For those asking about the VR cut off, I called up before the weekend and they said last year's VR cut off was 590..

Thank you! Did they say if they would be implementing it this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by HCAssistant93
Thank you! Did they say if they would be implementing it this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They said there would be a cut off, I think it's reasonable to assume it will vary with the mean scores.

I'm applying with 2850, hopefully that's enough to get me to selection centre!
Hi!

Applying with a 2:1/ First (7.99 final grade in Spain) BcS in nursing and some post grad PDPs.
1 year working full time as a nurse and doing some extra hours shadowing and assisting doctors.

My UKCAT is in 9 days and I'm with Medify at the moment. VR is not going bad but AR is horrible! I am getting 59% on the medigy webpage. Does someone know how to convert those percentages into the real scores?

Do they look to the avergae grade or do they focus more on some particular part of the UKCAT?
Original post by macarenafc92
Hi!

Applying with a 2:1/ First (7.99 final grade in Spain) BcS in nursing and some post grad PDPs.
1 year working full time as a nurse and doing some extra hours shadowing and assisting doctors.

My UKCAT is in 9 days and I'm with Medify at the moment. VR is not going bad but AR is horrible! I am getting 59% on the medigy webpage. Does someone know how to convert those percentages into the real scores?

Do they look to the avergae grade or do they focus more on some particular part of the UKCAT?

I wouldn't stress too much on AR on Medify, I've heard time and time again Medify is a lot more difficult than the actual test.

It all depends on the universities on what they look at. Some just look at your average UKCAT score and some, like Warwick, have a cut-off point for sections.

With the percentages it will give you an actual grade when you take a Mock test. But the Medify grading system isn't as accurate as Kaplan.
I wouldn't stress too much on AR on Medify, I've heard time and time again Medify is a lot more difficult than the actual test.

It all depends on the universities on what they look at. Some just look at your average UKCAT score and some, like Warwick, have a cut-off point for sections.

With the percentages it will give you an actual grade when you take a Mock test. But the Medify grading system isn't as accurate as Kaplan.

Do Warwick have cut off points for every section or just VR? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do Warwick have cut off points for every section or just VR? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

From what other people have said (on this thread and others) it seems that they focus primarily on VR, a cut-off of 590.
Reply 29
Original post by MJK91
The VR component is only to do better than the mean. I don't think many people got rejected solely off VR last year. Good luck!

Yeah I don't believe it was solely on VR, however I was just referring to the e-mail that they sent last year to one of the applicants and just a general conclusion from last years thread. But you're right anyway. And I think you're one of the applicants who got in last year right? (stalker alert lol) if so congratulations :smile: and thank you.
Reply 30
Original post by Ben4757
They said there would be a cut off, I think it's reasonable to assume it will vary with the mean scores.

I'm applying with 2850, hopefully that's enough to get me to selection centre!

Thanks for letting us know. Yeah it will probably vary, I wonder when they'll let us know. That's a really good score btw, best of luck
Reply 31

Do you think so? Because I heard that the difficulty is more or less the same with medify, but if so then that's great! Btw how were your mocks?
Original post by lucky11
Do you think so? Because I heard that the difficulty is more or less the same with medify, but if so then that's great! Btw how were your mocks?

If that's the case...you've just made my day. I need to practice the timing in the QR part.
Reply 33
Original post by macarenafc92
If that's the case...you've just made my day. I need to practice the timing in the QR part.

Yeah I heard from a guy who took the test about 2-3 weeks ago. I'm practicing now. I'm worried about VR and QR :/
Reply 34
Btw can anyone let me know about references for Warwick.

1: Where does my uni referee write my predicted grade? (it says relevant section of the UCAS form, but where exactly is that?)

2: The job references, do we bring that on the selection day or do we attach it to the UCAS form?
Original post by lucky11

Yeah a few of my friends said AR is definitely harder on Medify. They also said QR is harder but DA and VR is pretty similar. Which doesn't bode well for me and VR is my worst section.

My first Mock was okkkaaaay :cry2::s-smilie: I got an average of 650...but I really need that to be a lot higher!

When's your test?
Yeah a few of my friends said AR is definitely harder on Medify. They also said QR is harder but DA and VR is pretty similar. Which doesn't bode well for me and VR is my worst section.

My first Mock was okkkaaaay :cry2::s-smilie: I got an average of 650...but I really need that to be a lot higher!

When's your test?

QR is harder than medify or the official mocks? The official mock medify is super hard!

Posted from TSR Mobile
QR is harder than medify or the official mocks? The official mock medify is super hard!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry I was very clear, the QR Medify Mock is harder than the actual thing. I heard that the UKCAT QR is easier than any of the mocks.
Sorry I was very clear, the QR Medify Mock is harder than the actual thing. I heard that the UKCAT QR is easier than any of the mocks.

That is good to hear thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Keep in mind it's completely pointless to try and judge how you'll find the test relative to Medify based on how others have done. There are 3 versions of each year's UKCAT and the one you take will be random, so at best someone can say that they thought their variant was a little harder/easier.

Doesn't mean yours will be the same!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending