The Student Room Group

Warwick gem (a101) 2016 entry applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ali.s1002
Why do you think this years average may be higher?

Because I think people in general are doing better this year and Warwick have never interviews below 2800 so I'm just trying to keep it realistic

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 141
Original post by HCAssistant93
Because I think people in general are doing better this year and Warwick have never interviews below 2800 so I'm just trying to keep it realistic

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not so sure people are doing better this year. From what I've seen peoples' score breakdowns so far, I'd predict that the VR mean is going to be as low as 550.
Original post by liam__
I'm not so sure people are doing better this year. From what I've seen peoples' score breakdowns so far, I'd predict that the VR mean is going to be as low as 550.

fingers crossed for that! my VR was 600
Original post by macarenafc92
fingers crossed for that! my VR was 600

Same mine was 570

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone think that Warwick (and other GEM unis) may just consider applicants having a 1st as compensating for a lower UKCAT score?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 145
Original post by calmsmile93
Does anyone think that Warwick (and other GEM unis) may just consider applicants having a 1st as compensating for a lower UKCAT score?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There was speculation of this in last year's thread, although I don't think anybody ever found out whether they did or not.
Original post by liam__
There was speculation of this in last year's thread, although I don't think anybody ever found out whether they did or not.

Ah ok. Hopefully this is the case as this would help me a lot haha! Thanks! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 147
Ah ok. Hopefully this is the case as this would help me a lot haha! Thanks! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you done your UKCAT yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by liam__
Have you done your UKCAT yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, did it a few weeks ago. Ended up getting a 647.5 average. Currently looking at my options and staying positive!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 149
Yeah, did it a few weeks ago. Ended up getting a 647.5 average. Currently looking at my options and staying positive!

Posted from TSR Mobile

At the end of the day, swings in the mean UKCAT score have happened before. Good luck!
Original post by liam__
At the end of the day, swings in the mean UKCAT score have happened before. Good luck!

Yeah true! Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 151
Yeah true! Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

From the open day, they said you get rewarded different point for different classifications, I'm not sure we know what exactly that is but I guess that's good news for you hehe
Reply 152
Original post by liam__

I agree most people on other threads are complaining about their scores lol. Are you already a med student? :smile:
Reply 153
Original post by lucky11
I agree most people on other threads are complaining about their scores lol. Are you already a med student? :smile:

Nope, I'll be applying to Warwick this year though!
Reply 154
Original post by liam__
Nope, I'll be applying to Warwick this year though!

Cool, have you taken your UKCAT already?
Reply 155
Original post by lucky11
Cool, have you taken your UKCAT already?

Yeah, I scored 702.5 which will hopefully be enough this year. You?
Reply 156
Original post by liam__

Oh congratulations! That's an awesome score. I'm sure you'll be invited to an interview with that score. No mine is in a few weeks time.
Reply 157
Original post by lucky11
Oh congratulations! That's an awesome score. I'm sure you'll be invited to an interview with that score. No mine is in a few weeks time.

Thanks! Should be touch and go, but I'm hopeful. Good luck with yours :smile:
Original post by liam__

What UKCAT universities are you planning on applying to?
Reply 159
Original post by ali.s1002
What UKCAT universities are you planning on applying to?

Warwick and probably 5 year Newcastle or Durham. This could change on October 9th when the deciles come out, as a swing in the scores would mean I could apply for 4 year Newcastle, but I'm not hopeful. My other 2 choices will be GAMSAT unis.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending