The Student Room Group

UCL mindless accusations of Plagiarism

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Calculator fx
background research is included in my report, but parts of the msc thesis are in too, if you really believe I should be given zero for not including one silly accurate scientific reference, especially considering the circumstances, and completely ignore my statistical analysis for a statistical report then then you are wrong lol

I don't believe that. I think that plagiarism rules are extremely harsh. But they are what they are and you signed a contract agreeing to them.
Original post by TheMagicMan
I don't believe that. I think that plagiarism rules are extremely harsh. But they are what they are and you signed a contract agreeing to them.

The rules are in a sense yes 'are what they are', however the punishment procedures are to the university panel or appeal group's discretion, there are a variety of punishments the panel could have chosen and they have chose this one(list is in the plagiarism book). I hope the appeal leads to a better punishment, anyone in my situation would appeal anyway. Thank you for your advice in this thread I know you're just trying to help and being honest at the same time.

Quick Reply

Latest