The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Level French 6FR04 15 June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Nadin123k
Hey! Sorry to be annoying but do you remember what the other options for the discursive essay were?

The discursive options were:
- whether it is worth going to university even with the debts and not preparing you for the world of work
- something about if maintaining a healthy life can cost a lot
- if parents should monitor their childrens internet use
- and something on the environmental; something to do with some sort of energy

Hope that helps!
Reply 41
By event I meant battles, i.e Mers El Kebir
Socioeconomic issues kind of came up last year, because last year's essay was on how the invasion affected the french population (and the included social and economical issues) but i'm honestly not so sure:///

that depends on the area of history you study though, doesn't it? Because I studied the French Occupation and I do not know anything about Mers El Kebir.
Since 2010, the history questions have basically been on events apart from 2012 which was a person, I believe.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by evahananford
Spanish was along the lines of 'describe a main character and discuss their role in the development of a theme.' So it was a character and theme question all in one!

Hope that helps !

Development of a theme? im a bit confused what does that mean could u please clarify???
so they asked a question about character for spanish, when they have already done that before i believe it was about protagonists a few years ago. so they might ask us about a character or they might do the same and recycle an old question like social milieu (still no idea what that is) or stylistic techniques

*im talking gibberish it seems please ignore me lol*
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by RGJ
that depends on the area of history you study though, doesn't it? Because I studied the French Occupation and I do not know anything about Mers El Kebir.
Since 2010, the history questions have basically been on events apart from 2012 which was a person, I believe.

We studied the French occupation as well, but we also studied some battles during ww2 (such as Mers El Kebir). So what kind of title do you predict because I'm clueless!
hi, i'm doing sac de billes as the literature question - really hope historic context comes up!

any ideas on what the translation could be on... really worried about it!
Original post by liz0123
Yeah I think something to do with the context could come up, maybe the influence of the context on the story of the film or the influence on the main characters?

Yh, i think it might be two questions in one. Last year was scene and theme! It could be theme and character. I dont think its gonna be style as it came up in june 2013.
Reply 47
We studied the French occupation as well, but we also studied some battles during ww2 (such as Mers El Kebir). So what kind of title do you predict because I'm clueless!

I see. Well, it has to be vague seeing as everyone will have studied different areas. I think the history question will be on an important person/people because of the fact that four out of the last 5 questions have been on an event which is a real shame because I would love to write about an event. I just hope nothing weird comes up as they can only ask on people, event and issues.

What do you think will come up as the literature question?
Original post by oliviakellers
hi, i'm doing sac de billes as the literature question - really hope historic context comes up!

Historic context came up in june 2010, so it might come up this year as its been a while now since it hasnt come up!
Reply 49

I'm doing Un Sac de Billes as well! What do you mean by historic context? le social milieu question that came up in june 2010? What would you say if historic context came up about un sac de billes?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by RGJ
I see. Well, it has to be vague seeing as everyone will have studied different areas. I think the history question will be on an important person/people because of the fact that four out of the last 5 questions have been on an event which is a real shame because I would love to write about an event. I just hope nothing weird comes up as they can only ask on people, event and issues.

What do you think will come up as the literature question?

yeah i would've liked it to have been on an event to, but i think you're right, it probably will be on an important person.

I'm not doing the literature because we only spent 1 month on it with our teacher. But after looking through this thread i think it might be on important character in the book.
Can anyone post their la haine essays please😞😞

I agree the translation is hard but it's not worth worrying about - fortunately it's only 10% of the marks (so you could still get an A* even if you got 0 marks for the translation!)
Reply 53
yeah i would've liked it to have been on an event to, but i think you're right, it probably will be on an important person.

I'm not doing the literature because we only spent 1 month on it with our teacher. But after looking through this thread i think it might be on important character in the book.

Do you think historic context (le milieu social) might come up as someone mentioned it previously? I hope not because it's hard to relate un sac de billes with le social mileu
Original post by RGJ
I'm doing Un Sac de Billes as well! What do you mean by historic context? le social milieu question that came up in june 2010? What would you say if historic context came up about un sac de billes?

yeah, social and historic context are basically the same thing so you could use the same points for each! :smile: well we did this essay in my class and a really good point is that the historic context is what forces joe and maurice to grow up and learn to 'se debrouiller', so essentially is the cause of the theme: la fin de l'enhance. and also the persecution of the jews makes them the victims or the goodies on the book etc...
Original post by GraceTheSheep
I agree the translation is hard but it's not worth worrying about - fortunately it's only 10% of the marks (so you could still get an A* even if you got 0 marks for the translation!)

true, i'm just so desperate for an A as i need it to get into uni so i need every mark i can get haha
Reply 56
yeah, social and historic context are basically the same thing so you could use the same points for each! :smile: well we did this essay in my class and a really good point is that the historic context is what forces joe and maurice to grow up and learn to 'se debrouiller', so essentially is the cause of the theme: la fin de l'enhance. and also the persecution of the jews makes them the victims or the goodies on the book etc...

We didn't discuss this in my class. :frown: If it's not too much bother, do you mind sending me that essay? I would seriously appreciate it
Original post by RGJ
We didn't discuss this in my class. :frown: If it's not too much bother, do you mind sending me that essay? I would seriously appreciate it

i don't have it as an online form unfortunately sorry! but the fin de l'enface point is the one to include if it comes up i think!
Reply 58
i don't have it as an online form unfortunately sorry! but the fin de l'enface point is the one to include if it comes up i think!

Do you have an email account? I would really appreciate it if you could send it to me
Reply 59
Is anyone doing a region? What question do you think will come up?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending