The Student Room Group

'plagiarism of peace'

I'm in my third year at UCL studying statistics, hoping to graduate soon since i finished my exams but my final year project has been accused of plagiarism by my project supervisor. I knew like a week in I should have never chosen the project because she had anything to do with it, she's disliked me for years for poor attendance in lectures and tutorials(coz that really affects her salary). My final year project was a statistical approach to a medical disease.

She initially gave me a load of documents which turned out to be the first few pages of a msc thesis with the same focus as my final year project(and same title) and told me to understand it, which i did, and of course along with my own research, I deduced knowledge of the disease which can be seen in my written report. I went to a hearing, and they decided by mark for the project should be capped at 40% which is absolutely ridiculous. I have the opportunity to appeal, which I am going to do. most of my written report like 80% is not similar at all to anything as far as I am aware, but this beginning 20% science stuff is what's causing the problem.

She should not have gave me the papers to read and understand in the first place. Nevertheless I am studying statistics not science, 90% of marks presumably will based on my statistical analysis. Most of the 80% is referenced but the thesis is not referenced, she should have told me to reference the thesis if she was gonna give some of it to me in the first place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending