The Student Room Group

AQA History B Unit 1 - International Relations: Conflict and Peace in the 20C

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by DinosaursInHats
when you say one side overall do you mean you dont have to look at both agree/disagree with the source?

You don't have to but if you do as long as you ensure you clearly say what side you're with overall and why

It's easier and quicker to look at one side.. Normally from what I've seen the sources tend to disagree with my own knowledge but it doesn't matter which side you put as long as it is backed up clearly

Make sure you include the key words of the question :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by davidmykel
Yeah so you either agree or disagree

OK, so for a 6 mark question plan:

- (your opinion-agree/disagree)- own knowledge point(s)

- look at the source and talk about whether it agrees with your point

- evaluate the source based on provenance and purpose then conclude- (despite the source being unreliable I agree with it as....OWN KNOWLEDGE / I disagree with the source as it is unreliable ....OWN KNOWLEDGE )
Original post by Cal1999
I can't see it. Can you send it to me in a different format?

Sorry I don't know how to change the forma but here is the website I got them from

http://moodle.suttongrammar.sutton.sch.uk/course/view.php?id=145
Go on the website, under the Year 10 and 11 GCSE resources section there are past paper and other revision materials.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Jitesh
You don't have to but if you do as long as you ensure you clearly say what side you're with overall and why

It's easier and quicker to look at one side.. Normally from what I've seen the sources tend to disagree with my own knowledge but it doesn't matter which side you put as long as it is backed up clearly

Posted from TSR Mobile

sorry messed up the reply earlier, do you think the plan (posted recently in this chat) would suffice or do you have your own plan for 6 markers?

Also does any one have any tips or plans for 10 mark questions?
Original post by Cal1999
These notes aren't opening. Please can you send them in a different format?

Sorry couldn't change them, it's a word document so you could open it on Computer or laptop
Reply 85
sorry messed up the reply earlier, do you think the plan (posted recently in this chat) would suffice or do you have your own plan for 6 markers?

Also does any one have any tips or plans for 10 mark questions?

Sorry which plan are you taking about?
I will be doing 3 points of own knowledge in one paragraph, then the second examining the provenance/purpose who/what/where/when/why :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86

- evaluate the source based on provenance and purpose then conclude- (despite the source being unreliable I agree with it as....OWN KNOWLEDGE / I disagree with the source as it is unreliable ....OWN KNOWLEDGE )

Yeah that's great. Aim for 3 points of own knowledge if you can. 2 would be alright but pushing it.
Explain the points though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jitesh
Sorry which plan are you taking about?
I will be doing 3 points of own knowledge in one paragraph, then the second examining the provenance/purpose who/what/where/when/why :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

this:

Original post by Philhayt
Really struggling for notes on topics 1, 2 and 3!
If anyone has anything they can send me I'd be extremely appreciative!
In return I could send some notes I have.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Topic 3 notes
Original post by Jitesh
Yeah that's great. Aim for 3 points of own knowledge if you can. 2 would be alright but pushing it.
Explain the points though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok thank you, also is there any rule for 10 marks/plans?
Original post by Jitesh

Posted from TSR Mobile

My teacher has always gone on about needing to include both sides in detail -___- no wonder it took so long! Thanks!!
Reply 91
ok thank you, also is there any rule for 10 marks/plans?

Just found a guide in my revision guide. Here it is attached. It's for this year's exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing Hitlers foreign Policy (1930-39) Origins of the cold war and Crisis of the Cold War (~1940-1980's). I HIGHLY recommend looking at specimen papers because (if I recall) they have changed the layout of the exam a bit(?) They're avalible free on the AQA website:smile:
Original post by kholland
Is there a specific requirement for knowing the dates of the events or will just knowing the chronology of the events do? Having looked at the mark schemes they don't actually credit dates specifically, but would they count towards development and detail?

I highly recomend knowing the order of events! Though dates don't appear on the mark scheme I think knowing at least the years (maybe months) of the KEY events really give the examiner the idea that you know what you're talking about:smile:

Yeah pretty much it
Anyone doing the topics on Post Cold War and the UN -- Kosovo and Kuwait case studies?
Anyone doing the topics on Post Cold War and the UN -- Kosovo and Kuwait case studies?

yeah
yeah

You think it would come up as the 10 mark question on its first year of being on the specification?
You think it would come up as the 10 mark question on its first year of being on the specification?

nah isnt it already a 10 mark on the specimen paper?
nah isnt it already a 10 mark on the specimen paper?

probably as a 4/6 mark as its new but probably not a 10 mark like in the specimen

I think a question like what was important/ a bigger factor in the downfall of the USSR/the USSR's control over eastern european countries:

-The reforms of Gorbachev
-The effects of the war in Afghanistan

^^ just a guess, im gonna do it as practice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending