The Student Room Group

Tongue tied when

Uuu
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Kilomontari
I have told my closest friend I'm gay but whenever I try to tell my mum, the words just don't come out (ironic). I'm pretty sure she will be supportive and we have gone over the gay topic on countless occasions but I just can't speak for some reason. I tried writing a letter and I'm normally really good at writing in general but i couldn't even write properly, and even if I did I doubt I could give it to her. Help?!

Tell your friend how you're struggling maybe their support will give you confidence or maybe you're not ready to let her know yet?
Reply 2
Original post by Little Popcorns
Tell your friend how you're struggling maybe their support will give you confidence or maybe you're not ready to let her know yet?

Tried that and didn't get a lot of helpful advice and I am ready its just so hard to say the words
This may sound SUPER cheesy. But you could film a video of yourself beforehand and you could watch it together :redface:

You don't have to upload it online or anything. Just show her and that should give you the confidence to tell others!

Good luck :smile:
Why would you tell your parents? In fact, why would you tell anyone except for your partner?
If you are pretty sure she will be supportive I can't see the issue here. Trust me once you get it off you, and she shows compassion, you will feel a lot better

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending