The Student Room Group

How many TRUE friends do you have?

Like the ones who you can really depend upon. The ones who will love you, nurture you and care for you unconditionally. Who would be there if you had a car accident and were hospitalised, would take you in if you became homeless, would come running if you went through a bad break-up.

Been doing some thinking recently and it's shocked me to realise that there are only 3 people (excluding family members) who i'd count as proper friends, as described above.

Scroll to see replies

Two. I am far too dependent on them.
Reply 3
As my father always used to say, 'if a person has three true friends, they have done very well in life'. I have three 'true' friends; the rest are acquaintances.
(edited 8 years ago)
2 that I could trust with my life, one girl and one guy :h:
Not A Single One
1. My boyfriend. But I wouldn't say I depend on him. I just know I can go to him whenever I have a problem or need help, need a shoulder to cry on etc etc.

Everyone else is just acquaintances, people to go out with and have a good time, or work colleagues.
Original post by shawn_o1
Not A Single One

preach:congrats:
Not A Single One

Same, let's meet together and do something :smile:
1 'true friend'
A few best friends
A hell of a lot of acquaintances
No one (yet) :frown:
To be honest, from your description, I don't count on anyone outside of my family for those things.
My mum would do that. :moon:

There are about two people off the top of my head outside of my family that I would do all that for unconditionally, but I would NEVER, EVER say who they are.
Two, but I have a feeling it'll drop to one when he goes away to university.
Not A Single One

Same :frown: many acquaintances but not a single true friend

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just one.

The others would sell my skin at the first opportunity.
Posted from TSR Mobile
2 true friends
A few good/best friends
A few acquaintances
1 - my partner. He was my best friend before dating too. Our friendship and bond has gotten stronger as our relationship has progressed as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
1 Only
I don't have friends. Just a few people that I talk to in school.

Quick Reply

Latest