The Student Room Group

Who's doing GCSE's with the WJEC exam board?

I was just wondering who was doing exams for WJEC.

If you are, this thread can be used to help each other with the exams.

If anyone is doing the English Language exam for WJEC please could I have some advice.

I 'll try my best to give you advice on whatever other exams you have, but I'm not that good at answering English questions i.e. why I'm asking for advice.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,

I'm doing the English Language GCSE with WJEC - currently, I am finding it difficult to obtain the grade that I want.

You can PM me if you like? :smile:
Is anyone doing WJEC Hospitality and Catering?
Reply 3
Original post by Cal1999
Hi,

I'm doing the English Language GCSE with WJEC - currently, I am finding it difficult to obtain the grade that I want.

You can PM me if you like? :smile:

Okay, thanks. I've got too admit English Language is pretty hard to revise. I'm not the best at English Language, but my advice would be to do as many past papers as possible and make a list of things to look out for in the text analysis. And make a list of things, e.g. similes, metaphors e.t.c to in include in your story.

I don't know much about the second exam for English Language, as I've only just found out there's two.

Are you doing any other subjects with WJEC exam board.

good luck with your exam
Reply 4
I'm doing all my exams with WJEC. I agree English Language is difficult to revise for, and I need an A in it to get into medical school. Considering 50% of the marks are for accuracy, perhaps concentrate on that?!
Reply 5
Original post by ShonAlun
I'm doing all my exams with WJEC. I agree English Language is difficult to revise for, and I need an A in it to get into medical school. Considering 50% of the marks are for accuracy, perhaps concentrate on that?!

I'm aiming for an A in English language too. Do you have any tips on how to obtain that grade?
Reply 6
Don't do what I did in the mock and get 6 marks on A2, that was a very bad move. I think we need to aim for 7/8 marks on the section A questions, and I think the way to do that is just write about as much of the extracts as possible. In section B, our teacher told us to try and write from experience or write about people we know
I'm doing English language and literature GCSE with WJEC. English language is one of the hardest to revise for because anything could come up.
Try doing past papers.
Reply 8
We might be doing different papers though. Are you from Wales? Because I'm doing the Wales only paper, where there is a fiction paper and a non-fiction paper.
Reply 9
Original post by ShonAlun
Don't do what I did in the mock and get 6 marks on A2, that was a very bad move. I think we need to aim for 7/8 marks on the section A questions, and I think the way to do that is just write about as much of the extracts as possible. In section B, our teacher told us to try and write from experience or write about people we know

What marks have you been getting on each individual section (out of 10 marks) on the reading paper?
Original post by Cal1999
What marks have you been getting on each individual section (out of 10 marks) on the reading paper?

Yes - we're doing different papers.
As I say, we may be doing different papers, but it's usually 7+, just that we don't have a reading and writing paper
Anyone else doing WJEC History?
Original post by horsewithnoname
I'm doing English language and literature GCSE with WJEC. English language is one of the hardest to revise for because anything could come up.
Try doing past papers.

Would you be able to PM me with your revision tips? Ideally I want to be aiming for around 9/10 on each reading question for the reading paper.
Wjec history
I'm doing Wjec history.
Me! WJEC English Lang and lit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SuperHuman98
Is anyone doing WJEC Hospitality and Catering?

I am
Original post by Radmandy
I'm doing Wjec history.

Are you doing the USA and Germany?
Original post by httpaisha
Anyone else doing WJEC History?

I'm doing WJEC History too. Hope your revisions going well

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest