The Student Room Group

would you rather be dumped face to face or via text?

it was on the wright stuff this morning this discussion

so thought i would start it on here

which would you prefer?

Scroll to see replies

Neither to be honest :biggrin:
Honestly, I know it's probably more respectful to be dumped face to face (idk is it?) but I just can't imagine how awkward and uncomfortable that would be.

I would prefer text, just because it's easier to say 'okay' and turn off my phone / not look at it and go about my grieving or whatever my emotions are at that point.

Then again, I would hate to end it with my boyfriend over text and would most likely need to see him face to face.

Ugh I keep changing my mind. This is a tough one.
Text pls.

I wouldn't want the dumper to see me (presumably) upset :cry2:
Original post by beeninetytwo
Text pls.

I wouldn't want the dumper to see me (presumably) upset :cry2:

Really? :curious:

I want it to happen face to face so I can give them a piece of my mind and make them uncomfortable. Also I'd use the opportunity to hurt them back.
I don't think it matters really. Doesn't make a difference. You can communicate fairly effectively on both and you can always take it to a phone call anyway to talk about it.

Original post by Daenerys...
Really? :curious:

I want it to happen face to face so I can give them a piece of my mind and make them uncomfortable. Also I'd use the opportunity to hurt them back.

lol.

not surprising.
Original post by ChickenMadness
I don't think it matters really. Doesn't make a difference. You can communicate fairly effectively on both and you can always take it to a phone call anyway to talk about it.

lol.

not surprising.

I didn't mean physically hurt them... sigh I know sympathising with male abuse victims is all the rage these days,.
Face to face definitely. I would have more respect for them if they dumped me face to face.
I didn't mean physically hurt them... sigh I know sympathising with male abuse victims is all the rage these days,.

I didn't mean physically. Just hurting someone on purpose for being dumped is silly. Unless they were being malicious. But I would still just forget about them immediately if that were the case.
I broke up with my ex via "text" (Facebook, to be more precise) and whilst my friend, and my ex himself, said that it was "disrespectful", I'm pretty sure that meeting up with him face-to-face just to tell him I want to break up with him would be awkward and uncomfortable. So I'll stick with texting.
I didn't mean physically. Just hurting someone on purpose for being dumped is silly. Unless they were being malicious. But I would still just forget about them immediately if that were the case.

Dumping someone is always hurtful for the person being dumped. If you are dumping me you wont have an easy time I'll tell you that. :colonhash:
(edited 8 years ago)
Dumping someone is always hurtful for the person being dumped. If you are dumping me you wont have an easy time I'll tell you that. :colonhash:

lol all of my relationships have ended mutually and no one was hurt. Still friends with all of them.

Apart from one. But she was legit psycho :redface:

sounds like a common occurence
lol all of my relationships have ended mutually and no one was hurt. Still friends with all of them.

Apart from one. But she was legit psycho :redface:

I could never be friends with an ex tbh. In fact not friends with any of them 'cause I always remember the way it ended.
Original post by gr8wizard10
sounds like a common occurence

???

I don't see how someone can make it hard to be dumped.

Person A: This will not work out, sorry.
Person B: but but but....
Person A: *ignores*

Easy enough.
I could never be friends with an ex tbh. In fact not friends with any of them 'cause I always remember the way it ended.

need to change the way you approach things (and possibly who you get into a relationship with lol). So you don't get hurt :tongue:
Original post by QueenAryela
I don't see how someone can make it hard to be dumped.

Person A: This will not work out, sorry.
Person B: but but but....
Person A: *ignores*

Easy enough.

That's the thing it will be hard to ignore me face-to-face and it's harder to walk away from someone. I've never had someone just say "This will not work out, sorry" usually they beat around the bush and they try to explain the reasoning behind their action.

I think it's really cowardly to just walk away without an explanation.
need to change the way you approach things (and possibly who you get into a relationship with lol). So you don't get hurt :tongue:

lol you're making it sound like I've been dumped lots of times let me tell you one thing sweetheart I'm the one who dumps not you... on the few times I've been caught off guard and they beat me to the punch it was because I was busy and the relationship was meh
lol you're making it sound like I've been dumped lots of times let me tell you one thing sweetheart I'm the one who dumps not you... on the few times I've been caught off guard and they beat me to the punch it was because I was busy and the relationship was meh

Thats what I'm talking about lmao. That's a really childish way to view it. Nothing wrong with 'being dumped'. Which is also a silly way to put it as well. It's what people say in school lol.

Should just talk about it and come to a decision mutually.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending