The Student Room Group

Eyelashes won't grow back?!

I'm new here so not sure if I'm posting in the right place, but a while ago I accidentally pulled about 3 or 4 eyelashes out of the same spot using my eyelash curlers. Now I have a small bald patch where they've been pulled out, it's not too bad but I can notice it and it's really annoying me. I've been googling it all night and I really don't want to to stop using eyelash curlers because my eyelashes point almost downwards and I've only had this problem when I've stupidly used old curlers.
Anyway it's been maybe 1 month, two months at the most, and there is no sign of any lashes growing back. This has happened before, but within a few weeks I could see some starting to grow back.
Sorry it's so long winded but basically I want to know if they will grow back at all or if they will take a lot longer to grow back due to the manner in which they were pulled out?
Thanks in advance, hope I've posted in the right place (((: x
From what I've gathered from researching this, if they don't grow back after about four months then they probably never will, so there is still some hope!
Have you pulled the same ones out before? I once picked off a few eyelashes and they grew back fine, but then when I did the same thing again a couple of years later they didn't come back and I've instead had a few eyelashes popping up a bit too far back on the lid. I guess the root got damaged and it's had to slightly move.
Good luck, you never appreciate them until they're gone !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by uncommonsensing
From what I've gathered from researching this, if they don't grow back after about four months then they probably never will, so there is still some hope!
Have you pulled the same ones out before? I once picked off a few eyelashes and they grew back fine, but then when I did the same thing again a couple of years later they didn't come back and I've instead had a few eyelashes popping up a bit too far back on the lid. I guess the root got damaged and it's had to slightly move.
Good luck, you never appreciate them until they're gone !

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I have probably pulled maybe one or two of these lashes out before. I'm just concerned because I pulled some out on the other side of the lid in the same week (I have really light lashes and the ones in the outer corner are long and messy and don't curl so I pull mascara off them so they don't show up, I know I probably shouldn't)
And anyway these ones have grown back to maybe about half their original length so far, whereas the ones in the small bald patch have shown no sign of regrowth. Maybe because the ones in the outer corner were ready to fall out, as they came out very easily, whereas the others were more ripped out?Thanks for your reply anyway, I'll give it 2 or 3 more months and keep my fingers crossed(: x
Original post by Phoebe1579
I think I have probably pulled maybe one or two of these lashes out before. I'm just concerned because I pulled some out on the other side of the lid in the same week (I have really light lashes and the ones in the outer corner are long and messy and don't curl so I pull mascara off them so they don't show up, I know I probably shouldn't)
And anyway these ones have grown back to maybe about half their original length so far, whereas the ones in the small bald patch have shown no sign of regrowth. Maybe because the ones in the outer corner were ready to fall out, as they came out very easily, whereas the others were more ripped out?Thanks for your reply anyway, I'll give it 2 or 3 more months and keep my fingers crossed(: x

Yeah from what I've read if there's a cycle and how quickly the eyelashes grow back depends on where they were in the cycle, and also if you ripped them out the roots may have gone with them which would mean the roots have to grow back too. It's okay and yeah :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Even if they do grow back I can assure you no one apart from you notices it. Its 3-4 hairs.
Reply 5
Original post by Okorange
Even if they do grow back I can assure you no one apart from you notices it. Its 3-4 hairs.

I know I keep telling myself that it just irritates me, if it was a big bald patch I'd be more concerned, I'm just curious mostly as to wether they'll ever grow back
I know I keep telling myself that it just irritates me, if it was a big bald patch I'd be more concerned, I'm just curious mostly as to wether they'll ever grow back

Don't know exactly about eyelashes but i once lost a small patch of eyebrow hair. I hoped it would grow back but it never did. It just fell off on its own.

Hair also grows in cycles so it could take a while for it to reappear, you won't be for sure until 4 months like the above posters said.
trying putting Vaseline on them everyday before you go to bed
Reply 8
Original post by Okorange
Don't know exactly about eyelashes but i once lost a small patch of eyebrow hair. I hoped it would grow back but it never did. It just fell off on its own.

Hair also grows in cycles so it could take a while for it to reappear, you won't be for sure until 4 months like the above posters said.

That seems odd, I try to avoid rubbing and plucking my eyebrows as much as possible as they seem to all our easily. I'll give it a few months, if they don't grow back then it's not really a problem because I know other people won't notice like you said previously, thanks for the reply(: x
Reply 9
Original post by chocolatesauce
trying putting Vaseline on them everyday before you go to bed

I've heard of that but I'm a bit skeptical, but I suppose there's no harm in trying.(: x
I've heard of that but I'm a bit skeptical, but I suppose there's no harm in trying.(: x

I haven't tried it myself but my friend has and hers really grew, good luck lol x
Reply 11
Original post by chocolatesauce
I haven't tried it myself but my friend has and hers really grew, good luck lol x

I'll give it a try then(: x
Due to COVID 19 lockdown, I couldn’t have my lash extensions. My lashes are naturally very short and thin. from my friend's recommendation, I bought dermalmd eyelash serum based on the reviews. I’ve been so impressed by the results my lashes are stronger and thicker-looking. I just use it once at night. Doesn’t irritate my eyes at all. Would recommend.

Latest