The Student Room Group

History exam on 1st June 2015

can any help me regarding the structure of my questions from one to five. Also the skills needed i.e. when to use reliability etc. much appreciated :smile: quick reply please.
(edited 8 years ago)
I think they're changing it...

Skips :smile:
Original post by raidersfee
can any help me regarding the structure of my questions from one to five. Also the skills needed i.e. when to use reliability etc. much appreciated :smile: quick reply please.

this is not the exam on reliability, the sources exam is on Tuesday 16th June!
Reply 3
What about question three?
Reply 4
Oh ok thanks
Reply 5
Q1 is 8 marks, you get two sources and you have to answer the question whatever it is (For example, what do the sources show about changes in the methods of law enforcement? or something like that). In this question you HAVE to use BOTH of the sources and your own knowledge and show an understanding of focus of the question, so for that specific example you would have to keep on going back to the changes shown in the sources. You have to make inferences from the sources.
Q2 is 6 marker. Pretty simple usually, it'll ask you to describe details of a certain period, for example "Describe what punishments were like during the period" and you get a choice of two periods. It's just basic description of everything you can think of.
Question 3 is 8 marks and there's a source. You have to evaluate the source and once again understanding of the focus of the question is important, for example "how useful is this source in blah blah blah?". You have to comment somewhere whether you think it's useful and then go through all of the evaluation to support your judgement.
Question 4 is a 12 marker. Pretty simple, basically a normal essay question. Introduction, 3-4 paragraphs, conclusion. Have to make a judgement in the introduction and at the end of every paragraph refer back to the question. If it's asking you what factor was the most important, you have to mention the importance. But yeah, it's just a basic essay question.
Question 5 is a 16 mark question. Usually a "how far" or "how much" type of question. Make a judgement. Make points to support judgement. ALWAYS link back to the question. Once again it's just a standard essay question. But understanding of the focus of the question is key and so is linking back to it.
This might not be a very good explanation for some of the questions so if you have any further questions you can either message me privately or just post on here. Sorry I was a bit in a rush.
I hope this was helpful :smile:
What exam board, they're all different ?
Reply 7
Original post by olegasr
Q1 is 8 marks, you get two sources and you have to answer the question whatever it is (For example, what do the sources show about changes in the methods of law enforcement? or something like that). In this question you HAVE to use BOTH of the sources and your own knowledge and show an understanding of focus of the question, so for that specific example you would have to keep on going back to the changes shown in the sources. You have to make inferences from the sources.
Q2 is 6 marker. Pretty simple usually, it'll ask you to describe details of a certain period, for example "Describe what punishments were like during the period" and you get a choice of two periods. It's just basic description of everything you can think of.
Question 3 is 8 marks and there's a source. You have to evaluate the source and once again understanding of the focus of the question is important, for example "how useful is this source in blah blah blah?". You have to comment somewhere whether you think it's useful and then go through all of the evaluation to support your judgement.
Question 4 is a 12 marker. Pretty simple, basically a normal essay question. Introduction, 3-4 paragraphs, conclusion. Have to make a judgement in the introduction and at the end of every paragraph refer back to the question. If it's asking you what factor was the most important, you have to mention the importance. But yeah, it's just a basic essay question.
Question 5 is a 16 mark question. Usually a "how far" or "how much" type of question. Make a judgement. Make points to support judgement. ALWAYS link back to the question. Once again it's just a standard essay question. But understanding of the focus of the question is key and so is linking back to it.
This might not be a very good explanation for some of the questions so if you have any further questions you can either message me privately or just post on here. Sorry I was a bit in a rush.
I hope this was helpful :smile:

Much appreciated thank you very much😃
which board are you doing?
Reply 9
Original post by Sayeeda101
which board are you doing?

edexcell , do you happen to know the grade boundaries?
Original post by raidersfee
edexcell , do you happen to know the grade boundaries?

soz, im doing cie igcse
Reply 11
Original post by Sayeeda101
soz, im doing cie igcse

no worries
Expect the grade boundaries to be slightly lower, perhaps 1 or 2 marks.

Quick Reply

Latest