The Student Room Group

My mate's girlfriend is being violent and controlling towards him

I saw one of my male flatmates get proper slapped by his girlfriend when I was in the living room yesterday, I walked in just as about to leave putting food in my bag, I asked him if everything was okay, I can tell by looking as his eyes he was upset and she was proper angry.

He told me to leave it, that it wasn't my business to get involved and I said if you want help getting rid of her call me so he knew I had his back.

Later on when I got back he said he puts up with her hitting him, he is a strong lad so he take it but to me if a girl truly loves a guy she wouldn't hit him and I see as bad as a man hitting a woman. I don't know his girlfriend that well but she seems very aggressive and angry, everything seems to be her decision and he just a slave to her demands, I have never seen once go out her way for him, she is attractive so she uses her image to get what she wants, he seems be in love even though she is a total bitch towards him.

I told him it doesn't matter what someone looks like and their gender is, nobody should be the subject of violence. I want him to get rid of her, yeah he may not find someone as attractive but there is a lot nice girls out there who can treat him a lot better.

How do I get him to listen to me? I was thinking about telling his sister so she can have a word as he might listen more to a girl rather than me as I think he's easily led by girls. what is the right thing to do?
Is this Tyrone and Kirsty :frown:
Reply 2
Tell the sister. If anyone hit my brawd i would want to know. I would bitch slap her into tomorrow and god help her if my mum knew, she would slap her then him for being so stupid! My mum was in a slightly abusive relationship with my dad, she had the strength to divorce him, she lost our home and security and his wages and we ended up in a council house for years but its way better than getting slapped around. She would never leave anyone hit us. His family needs to know! He seems to be a nice guy, he deserves better.
Sucks when people don't listen or try to escape their situation :frown:

@Lyrical Prodigy

Original post by mjrd
Tell the sister. If anyone hit my brawd i would want to know. I would bitch slap her into tomorrow and god help her if my mum knew, she would slap her then him for being so stupid! My mum was in a slightly abusive relationship with my dad, she had the strength to divorce him, she lost our home and security and his wages and we ended up in a council house for years but its way better than getting slapped around. She would never leave anyone hit us. His family needs to know! He seems to be a nice guy, he deserves better.

lmao. seems a bit counter productive. I'd slap my parents if they tried to be violent towards me again :redface:

Last bit is true though. Anything is better than being held hostage and abused constantly.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I saw one of my male flatmates get proper slapped by his girlfriend when I was in the living room yesterday, I walked in just as about to leave putting food in my bag, I asked him if everything was okay, I can tell by looking as his eyes he was upset and she was proper angry.

He told me to leave it, that it wasn't my business to get involved and I said if you want help getting rid of her call me so he knew I had his back.

Later on when I got back he said he puts up with her hitting him, he is a strong lad so he take it but to me if a girl truly loves a guy she wouldn't hit him and I see as bad as a man hitting a woman. I don't know his girlfriend that well but she seems very aggressive and angry, everything seems to be her decision and he just a slave to her demands, I have never seen once go out her way for him, she is attractive so she uses her image to get what she wants, he seems be in love even though she is a total bitch towards him.

I told him it doesn't matter what someone looks like and their gender is, nobody should be the subject of violence. I want him to get rid of her, yeah he may not find someone as attractive but there is a lot nice girls out there who can treat him a lot better.

How do I get him to listen to me? I was thinking about telling his sister so she can have a word as he might listen more to a girl rather than me as I think he's easily led by girls. what is the right thing to do?

An old friend of mine was in an abusive relationship. You can tell them over and over that it's not right, that they need to get out and they deserve better. But at the end of the day they have to make that decision themselves, she got out in the end thankfully. But she had to wake up herself, no matter what I said she just wouldn't admit it or acknowledge that it was a problem/that is needed to end.

So anyway, yeah. Talk to him, talk to his family but in the end it's his decision and unfortunately you can't force him to leave. Hopefully he'll come to his senses soon and realise what he is being out through is not normal and it's not okay
Reply 5
Original post by ChickenMadness
Sucks when people don't listen or try to escape their situation :frown:

@Lyrical Prodig

lmao. seems a bit counter productive. I'd slap my parents if they tried to be violent towards me again :redface:

Last bit is true though. Anything is better than being held hostage and abused constantly.

Im lucky my mum has never hit us. I barely see my dad, he lives near but doesnt bother much, maybe twice a year but never at xmas! He has never hit us, my mum would batter him now lol, she dont take **** anymore. Besides shes no longer a skinny little thing, more like a sumo now lol, she would only have to sit on him now and he would never move lol. I can easily say that as she dont mind, we tease each other loads. Sorry things dont seem so great with your parents, hope its better for you now.
Reply 6
She's obviously angry with him about something. You don't know the full details so stay out of it.
Reply 7
You dont know why she was aggressive with him. I hit my ex when I found out he cheated on me, not once but many times on several occasions, mostly in the bedroom and twice while he was driving. I broke a glass plate and apparently broke the hinge on his car door. In my opinion sometimes violence can be justified, but if it's constant to the point where the person is having to tread on egg shells to prevent getting a slap or punch then yeah, something needs to be done.

Oh and fyi, I have never been violent or aggressive to anyone before, so when I hit my ex it was because I was so angry and hurt that I didn't think about what I was doing. I love him completely and would never want to hurt him but, I dont always do what I want. And besides, he deserved it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NutE
You dont know why she was aggressive with him. I hit my ex when I found out he cheated on me, not once but many times on several occasions, mostly in the bedroom and twice while he was driving. I broke a glass plate and apparently broke the hinge on his car door. In my opinion sometimes violence can be justified, but if it's constant to the point where the person is having to tread on egg shells to prevent getting a slap or punch then yeah, something needs to be done.

Oh and fyi, I have never been violent or aggressive to anyone before, so when I hit my ex it was because I was so angry and hurt that I didn't think about what I was doing. I love him completely and would never want to hurt him but, I dont always do what I want. And besides, he deserved it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So if a girl cheats on me can I beat her? Hitting is wrong. Just break up and move on.
Reply 9
Original post by BioStudentx
So if a girl cheats on me can I beat her? Hitting is wrong. Just break up and move on.

There's a difference between beating and hitting. A slap or pushing her away is fine. But a full on beat, with punches flying around and blood everywhere? No. No bruises either. A slap is fine
Original post by mjrd

yeah I think I should but worry it might trigger more problems

Original post by NutE

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nobody should get hit in anyway even if that person did something wrong, imagine that you he hit its not funny and braking stuff of his is just cowardly.

-----

I trust my friend enough to know that he is in the right, I can see him holding back the tears so he seems to think she loves him by slapping him. What I gathered is she is used to getting her own way, quite a selfish and spoilt girl, when he refuses to do something that is when she hits him and he ends doing it just to shut her up. Like I said before she was done nothing for him, she is a proper barbie doll type and I would love to give her a piece of my mind.
Reply 11
I trust my friend enough to know that he is in the right, I can see him holding back the tears so he seems to think she loves him by slapping him. What I gathered is she is used to getting her own way, quite a selfish and spoilt girl, when he refuses to do something that is when she hits him and he ends doing it just to shut her up. Like I said before she was done nothing for him, she is a proper barbie doll type and I would love to give her a piece of my mind.
It sounds like her personality is the problem. Some people are selfish and spoilt, if he doesn't like it, he knows what to do.
Original post by NutE

Posted from TSR Mobile

No your behaviour was not acceptable. And I find it worrying that you think it was.
Don't come on here for advice! The hive of feminazi's will tell you that she's a hero!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending