The Student Room Group

UKIP MP Attacked by Mob.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by limetang
No, I want evidence of what you're implying, which is that the right do this sort of thing to a similar or greater degree.

That isn't exactly what I implied, but whatever. Some examples I found within 3 minutes of Googling:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-wing_terrorism#United_Kingdom
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/half-of-britains-mosques-have-been-attacked-since-911-8679304.html
Reply 21
Original post by Snagprophet
They don't vote because they know it won't count for anything.

Look at the results for the last election http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_general_election,_2010#Results

That's such a tired excuse. If changing the electoral system was such a big deal to people they'd have voted

Posted from TSR Mobile
They really don't know anything about Carswell if they think he is a fascist.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 23
Anti-fascist groups like hopenothate are actually a Zionist group used to stop people opposing things like immigration which Zionists use as a tactic of genocide against European people. It is no coincidence that the Jews get a national homeland while European people lose theirs. Agreed?

These anti-fascists are useful idiots. Look up Hope not Jewish hate and see what I mean about this group. They deny Holodomor. They also recently attacked Theresa May for being soft on Muslim extremists....

So they're not so nice and tolerant like they want you to believe.

images (4).jpg
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Wade-
That's such a tired excuse. If changing the electoral system was such a big deal to people they'd have voted

Posted from TSR Mobile

If we got a chance to....

The AV doesnt count. I, like many others want . Not some mimic of FPTP.
Haha, I love it. He deserved it as he's racist. Here's a video of it:

[video="youtube;BDQv-2fGCyY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDQv-2fGCyY[/video]
Omg @ the people who always say ''If these idiots wanted electoral reform then why didn't they vote for AV in 2011?''

First of all, the people that 'complain' about the electoral system today probably did vote for change in 2011. Just because the majority didn't, doesn't mean that everyone didn't. (32% voted Yes).

Secondly, AV wouldn't actually make that much difference to the outcome of elections. What people want is PROPORTIONAL representation (like STV or Closed List). Maybe if you educate yourself about the different systems, then you'll understand.
Reply 27
Original post by Farm_Ecology
If we got a chance to....

The AV doesnt count. I, like many others want . Not some mimic of FPTP.

The main cause of the protest is that the Tories didn't win a majority of the electorate yet where there was a chance to change to AV which would enforce a majority people didn't want it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TrewKazim
Haha, I love it. He deserved it as he's racist. Here's a video of it:

[video="youtube;BDQv-2fGCyY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDQv-2fGCyY[/video]

How is Carswell a racist? (If you say he's a racist just because he's a UKIP member then you really need to educate yourself...)
Carswell is in no way, shape or form a racist. The guy is pro-immigration FFS.

Lefties really need to do their research before throwing insults.
Original post by Wade-
I'm still mystified how all of these people can use the electoral system as a basis to complain about the government - when they gave you the opportunity to change it the majority of people didn't care enough to vote and the overwhelming majority of those who did vote were in leaving it the way it is

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you referring to the AV referendum? AV is just one voting system and one that has a lot of flaws. The referendum result was not an endorsement of FPTP above all possible options.
Reply 31
Original post by RFowler
Are you referring to the AV referendum? AV is just one voting system and one that has a lot of flaws. The referendum result was not an endorsement of FPTP above all possible options.

All systems are flawed however AV ensures a majority (of sorts) but yet it was overwhelmingly rejected. You can hardly reject a majority system but then complain when a party that doesn't get a majority forms government

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SamMiley
How is Carswell a racist? (If you say he's a racist just because he's a UKIP member then you really need to educate yourself...)

Errr well if he wasn't racist, he wouldn't stand for a racist party :facepalm:

How are UKIP a racist party? Not a single policy is racist? Do your research please...

Yep, that awful, racist party that has more ethnic minority support than the Lib Dems.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending