The Student Room Group

Gf broke up with me over exams?

I'm in yr 11 and I'm taking my GCSEs, I asked my girlfriend out at Christmas 2015 and we've been going out for some time now, she seemed fine in the up coming weeks towards the exams, I would take her to see movies talk to her, I never said anything that could hurt her in anyway at all, I always complimented her, I'm a nice guy, I try to be as nice as humanly possible to a girl. In the upcoming 2 weeks too the exams (Easter holidays), she seemed fine, she was happy, affectionate etc. in the last week of the holidays, she said she needed space, so I said "Ok", I didn't question it in case it was personal, then it came to the 1 week before the exams, she said "She'd rather call it friends until the after the exams", I was quite heart broken at the time, as I didn't understand why (I did have depression while we were going out, she said this affected her), I had worked around my depression and apologized for it, she wasn't telling me why she said about calling it friends, so I asked a few times, after that we were friends I think, I talked to a bit in school and talked to her loads after school, she said "I love talking to you", then about a week after her saying that I ask, "Is there any hope of us again", she says "probably not, or the near future at least", since then she begins to start ignoring me, day by day our conversations diminish, she sees my messages but doesn't reply, she won't even wave or smile at me anymore.

I mean I'm a nice guy I would never knowingly hurt a girl physically or mentally (btw she didn't tell me my depression was hurting her), I never said anything horrible to her, should I move on, or is there a chance?
(edited 8 years ago)
that is just silly, but tbh you should've put a "contingency plan" in place just in case anything goes balls-up in the run up to your exams
Reply 2
Original post by Tom Johnson
I'm in yr 11 and I'm taking my GCSEs, I asked my girlfriend out at Christmas 2015 and we've been going out for some time now, she seemed fine in the up coming weeks towards the exams, I would take her to see movies talk to her, I never said anything that could hurt her in anyway at all, I always complimented her, I'm a nice guy, I try to be as nice as humanly possible to a girl. In the upcoming 2 weeks too the exams (Easter holidays), she seemed fine, she was happy, affectionate etc. in the last week of the holidays, she said she needed space, so I said "Ok", I didn't question it in case it was personal, then it came to the 1 week before the exams, she said "She'd rather call it friends until the after the exams", I was quite heart broken at the time, as I didn't understand why (I did have depression while we were going out, she said this affected her), I had worked around my depression and apologized for it, she wasn't telling me why she said about calling it friends, so I asked a few times, after that we were friends I think, I talked to a bit in school and talked to her loads after school, she said "I love talking to you", then about a week after her saying that I ask, "Is there any hope of us again", she says "probably not, or the near future at least", since then she begins to start ignoring me, day by day our conversations diminish, she sees my messages but doesn't reply, she won't even wave or smile at me anymore.

I mean I'm a nice guy I would never knowingly hurt a girl physically or mentally (btw she didn't tell me my depression was hurting her), I never said anything horrible to her, should I move on, or is there a chance?

You genuinely seem like a lovely guy, and you should really move on. I know it's hard because you seem to really like her but it's really annoying when a guy just won't let go. Concentrate on your exams and your future for the time being! When the right girl comes along then you'll know :tongue:

I'm sure all the girls will be running after you :wink: Goooooood Luck!!

I would just like to say how it's really impressive that you got together in Christmas 2015....

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
She may have been saying she was happy beforehand just to not to hurt you, guess if she really wanted to be with you, she would have stayed with you even during the exams. I would say maybe she was using that as an excuse, I would just try and cut her out, least for a bit.
Reply 4
Original post by rhadawey
You genuinely seem like a lovely guy, and you should really move on. I know it's hard because you seem to really like her but it's really annoying when a guy just won't let go. Concentrate on your exams and your future for the time being! When the right girl comes along then you'll know :tongue:

I'm sure all the girls will be running after you :wink: Goooooood Luck!!

I would just like to say how it's really impressive that you got together in Christmas 2015....

Spoiler

Sorry! xD New Years 2015 xD
I want to hug you!!!! You sound like such a nice, genuine guy. I wouldthink after what she's said you should indeed move on. Surely if she cared for you she would at least give you a valid reason as to why she broke it off with you, and if it is re your depression that isn't really fair. Given that she is now ignoring you I think you should leave it, as hard as it is. Take care
Reply 6
Original post by Tom Johnson
Sorry! xD New Years 2015 xD

Haha don't worry about it! Gotcha :wink:
Maybe it's because exams are taking a toll on her? It might not have been anything to do with you at all, you should really try your best to get over her. Focus on your exams and let her focus on hers.
Reply 8
:sad:
There is obviously some other reason to why she broke up with you.. Because "exams" is the worst excuse ever XD

Personally, I'd say if you really need closure, politely ask her to be serious about it.. and explain why she did what she did.
However, I'd recommend just moving on.. Find someone else. I mean technically Christmas 2015 hasn't happened yet!! This is your chance to change the future :wink:
Original post by peanutbuttercup
I want to hug you!!!! You sound like such a nice, genuine guy. I wouldthink after what she's said you should indeed move on. Surely if she cared for you she would at least give you a valid reason as to why she broke it off with you, and if it is re your depression that isn't really fair. Given that she is now ignoring you I think you should leave it, as hard as it is. Take care

Thanks I think I'll just move
Original post by Porcupayne
There is obviously some other reason to why she broke up with you.. Because "exams" is the worst excuse ever XD

Personally, I'd say if you really need closure, politely ask her to be serious about it.. and explain why she did what she did.
However, I'd recommend just moving on.. Find someone else. I mean technically Christmas 2015 hasn't happened yet!! This is your chance to change the future :wink:

I'm just gonna move on, as hard as it is, I think you guys are right, its the best thing to do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending