The Student Room Group

Why do some girls lead you on?

Okay, so my ex broke up with me several months ago, and we've remained somewhat friends (or been civil at least). She began dating a guy shortly after the break up, and are still together, as far as I know.

However in the last months or so, she's been constantly calling and texting near enough everyday. Do you think this girl is leading me on? I'm uncomfortable with this.. How can I politely tell her she's taking it a little too far?

Thank you :smile:
she broke up = you shouldn't waste your time / energy / effort on her
That's not really "leading you on". Maybe she's just being friendly.
As the person above said, maybe she is just being nice. I know some people when they break up they do try and keep you as an option in case it doesn't work out with the next person.
Reply 4
Original post by shawn_o1
she broke up = you shouldn't waste your time / energy / effort on her

Not necessarily she probably being nice to him to put aside the awkwardness
Reply 5
Original post by Rock Fan
As the person above said, maybe she is just being nice. I know some people when they break up they do try and keep you as an option in case it doesn't work out with the next person.

Yes this is what I think she's doing? I honestly don't want to be someone's back up plan XD
You're now her emotional tampon.

Us women love attention. If you will give her attention every time she is asking for it then she will exploit you without realising it is exploiting.
Original post by Anonymous
Okay, so my ex broke up with me several months ago, and we've remained somewhat friends (or been civil at least). She began dating a guy shortly after the break up, and are still together, as far as I know.

However in the last months or so, she's been constantly calling and texting near enough everyday. Do you think this girl is leading me on? I'm uncomfortable with this.. How can I politely tell her she's taking it a little too far?

Sure you can :smile: And you totally should if it makes you uncomfortable. Why do we do it? Because it's fun :biggrin: and we're evil that way sometimes :P
It could simply be that she enjoys your company? She doesn't need to have feelings for you or be trying to make you get feelings for her just from wanting to talk to you!

Just reply half-heartedly to her texts, or not at all and she'll get the message she's been brushed off sooner or later. :sadnod:
Or be a gent and tell her straight off the mark what the situation is, but most people don't have the guts to do that :mmm:
Reply 9
Original post by Maid Marian
It could simply be that she enjoys your company? She doesn't need to have feelings for you or be trying to make you get feelings for her just from wanting to talk to you!

Just reply half-heartedly to her texts, or not at all and she'll get the message she's been brushed off sooner or later. :sadnod:
Or be a gent and tell her straight off the mark what the situation is, but most people don't have the guts to do that :mmm:

Okay thank you :smile:
She's not leading you on, because you know what she's trying to do - just be blunt with her and don't reply as quickly/as much and she should get the picture
She's either...

Trying to bait you into asking her out again.

Trying to bait you into being her rebound.

Or just trying to make things civil/friendly again.

If I were you I'd nip it in the bud.
Reply 12
Guys do the exact same thing when they know a girl liked them in the past. It's just a way to get attention if that person feels they're lacking it in their life, just make it clear you're not interested in her like that anymore and her constantly talking to you isn't doing you a favour.
Reply 13
Original post by Anonymous

Well tbh its something that guys also do and frankly I do not really feel shes leading you on, I think it may a thing where she wants to stay friends or check up on you which in my opinion is a ****e thing to do, but like I dont think her intentions are to lead you on she has another man now so she dont need it from you any more, Hope this helped

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending