The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Pharmacy

just wondering if anyone can explain how exam results work because i'm really confused by it.
i know you can get a first or 2:1 but is that at the end of each year or at the end of completing the course? also whats the highest result you can get at the end of first year?
and what percentage of each year goes towards the final result after 4 years, so like for some unis i know its 10% of 2nd year, 40% of 3rd year and 50% of 4th year, but does anyone specifically know about aston?
Original post by kaur1996
just wondering if anyone can explain how exam results work because i'm really confused by it.
i know you can get a first or 2:1 but is that at the end of each year or at the end of completing the course? also whats the highest result you can get at the end of first year?
and what percentage of each year goes towards the final result after 4 years, so like for some unis i know its 10% of 2nd year, 40% of 3rd year and 50% of 4th year, but does anyone specifically know about aston?

Hi there,

Percentages break down as the following:

1st = 70% or above
2:1 = 60-69%
2:2 = 50-59%
3rd = 40-49%

Below 40 is a failure. Your yearly mark is roughly calculated on the average mark of all the assessments you have taken in the year. As it stands there are two models of how much each year is worth, if you don't do placement it's the following:

1st Year = 0%
2nd Year = 25%
Final Year = 75%

If you do placement it works out as the following:

1st Year = 0%
2nd Year = 10%
Placement Year = 15%
Final Year = 75%

If you have any other questions get in touch, happy to help. :smile:

Josh
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Aston University
Hi there,

Percentages break down as the following:

1st = 70% or above
2:1 = 60-69%
2:2 = 50-59%
3rd = 40-49%

Below 40 is a failure. Your yearly mark is roughly calculated on the average mark of all the assessments you have taken in the year. As it stands there are two models of how much each year is worth, if you don't do placement it's the following:

1st Year = 0%
2nd Year = 25%
Final Year = 75%

If you do placement it works out as the following:

1st Year = 0%
2nd Year = 10%
Placement Year = 15%
Final Year = 75%

If you have any other questions get in touch, happy to help. :smile:

Josh

thankyou :smile: and on what date do we get results?
Original post by kaur1996
thankyou :smile: and on what date do we get results?

There generally isn't a fixed date for results, you'll be alerted to it though through email, as a general rule of thumb marking is done in level of seniority, so final year students get their marks first and first years get theirs last.

Josh

Quick Reply

Latest