The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Wroetoshaw
So heartbreaking to hear my first choice uni( University of Reading) rejected me. They claim my GCSE equivalent results was not good enough. I further got angry when I heard of a friend who recently transferred to my uni from reading university due to bad grades. Even until now, his results in my current uni were so bad he had to resit the subject 4 TIMES. That is straight up bull**** considering the fact that reading university accepted him in the first place!

Reading uni can go Fock off then
Original post by lipslikemorphine

were just going in circles with this guy.
He doesn't understand anything.

At all.

:laugh:
Original post by Lady Comstock
Reading... picky? Lol.

Ikr, they gave me an unconditional out of nowhere. I've insured it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
[QUOTE="Princepieman;56312831"]Ikr, they gave me an unconditional out of nowhere. I've insured it.

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE

Did you use GCSE's or A level's?
Original post by Princepieman
Ikr, they gave me an unconditional out of nowhere. I've insured it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What subject, out of interest?

It's my insurance too.
In what way my personal statement wasn't to the standard they wanted? Like every other people that applied, I did a lot of intense researching to put up the best personal statement i could gather. Comparing to my friend that got accepted, he barely did anything in his statement and again somehow managed to slip through. Isn't that abit too much ?

I have read but a few of your posts on this thread and can already spot several likely reasons as to why you were considered inadequate for entry. For a start you are clearly either foreign or mildly autistic as your grammar, punctuation and typing skills are dire.
For example your first line in the quoted text above says; "In what way my personal statement wasn't to the standard they wanted? "
Shouldn't that be in what way WAS my?
Also shouldn't the word WASN'T be NOT?

how would she apply to uni with just gcse's?
there's no or.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Comeback
What subject, out of interest?

It's my insurance too.

Computer Science.

What about you? Where are you firming?

I did Scottish Highers/AS equivalent (albeit mediocre grades because if extenuating circumstances) last year and used my prediction of AABa for my Advanced Highers (A2 equivalent but worth more UCAS points)/extra Higher this year.
Reply 69
Original post by Stephen857
I have read but a few of your posts on this thread and can already spot several likely reasons as to why you were considered inadequate for entry. For a start you are clearly either foreign or mildly autistic as your grammar, punctuation and typing skills are dire.
For example your first line in the quoted text above says; "In what way my personal statement wasn't to the standard they wanted? "
Shouldn't that be in what way WAS my?
Also shouldn't the word WASN'T be NOT?

If that's the way you think then its fine .Yes, I'm clearly foreign as I stressed long enough on my older posts, took you long enough to notice.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 70
[QUOTE="lipslikemorphine;56314201"]how would she apply to uni with just gcse's?
there's no or.[/QUOTE

Did i ask you? 😄
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 71
Well you created a thread...so yes.
You're not the brightest bulb are you? :bigsmile:

Still feeling the teenage insecurities? I like your posts haha 😂
Still feeling the teenage insecurities? I like your posts haha 😂

That post was from years ago.
Yours is today...You got rejected and i didn't so...
Reply 73
That post was from years ago.
Yours is today...You got rejected and i didn't so...

So not getting rejected gives you a chance to poke fun at people? You should seriously buzz off from this thread
So not getting rejected gives you a chance to poke fun at people? You should seriously buzz off from this thread

I'm poking fun at you not people.
You went on one of my threads from 4 years ago and then you went on my profile and left rude messages like a upset stalker.

If you can't take criticism then a public forum is not the place for you to be.
Now leave me the **** alone.
Reply 75
I'm poking fun at you not people.
You went on one of my threads from 4 years ago and then you went on my profile and left rude messages like a upset stalker.

If you can't take criticism then a public forum is not the place for you to be.
Now leave me the **** alone.

You can poke fun of me and I can't poke fun of you? Lol since when can I not take criticism? I'm returning you one and you seem like the one who can't take it. If you want me to leave you, then you should stop bothering me at the first place
I applied to Reading and received an offer, I do believe their preference was a GCSE grade 'B' in Maths, I however got a C. It would therefore lead me to assume that a demonstrated aptitude in AS, and a good overall application can mean certain entry requirements can be overlooked. (My friend was rejected from Reading for the same course, with a C in maths. Suggesting it comes down to, as others have suggested, your PS ect) ..

Spoiler

Good luck in your future endeavours:smile:
Reply 77
Original post by JRHewett
I applied to Reading and received an offer, I do believe their preference was a GCSE grade 'B' in Maths, I however got a C. It would therefore lead me to assume that a demonstrated aptitude in AS, and a good overall application can mean certain entry requirements can be overlooked. (My friend was rejected from Reading for the same course, with a C in maths. Suggesting it comes down to, as others have suggested, your PS ect) ..

Spoiler

Good luck in your future endeavours:smile:

Nice bro, when did you apply for the university?
Maybe your personal statement wasn't to the standard they wanted.

I honestly think they don't care about personal statements...
Nice bro, when did you apply for the university?

October, which is another thing. Reading had a 21% increase in applications this year, so I guess that means as they fill quotas they can be fussy about GCSE requirements ect

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending