The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JRHewett
October, which is another thing. Reading had a 21% increase in applications this year, so I guess that means as they fill quotas they can be fussy about GCSE requirements ect

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you think there will still be good space for clearing even with the high increase of applicants?
Original post by TeachChemistry
What proof do you have that your statement is the rule rather than the exception?

As a teacher I will write positive references for all of my students. However, can you really tell me that if I wrote a glowing report for a student that put together a poor personal statement that my report would be more important?

Having worked in industry for 20 years before teaching I know how important it is for candidates to sell themselves when applying for a job. With the UCAS application this has to come from the student, backed up by references, in the same way as a job application.

There is a problem with lecturers writing references in my uni. The last time i asked my lecturer, he did not want to write me one due to conflict of policies and contractual obligations.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 102
I know this is from a while ago now but seriously why are you bitter about your friend? You say they didn't work and they lost it, based on what you say they were lazy and deserved to lose it. Then they went to Hertfordshire - a university where you can get 4 D's and get a place - and is still struggling to be successful.
Original post by nat214
I know this is from a while ago now but seriously why are you bitter about your friend? You say they didn't work and they lost it, based on what you say they were lazy and deserved to lose it. Then they went to Hertfordshire - a university where you can get 4 D's and get a place - and is still struggling to be successful.

I was never bitter, I was just curious as to how they were accepted to Reading with such poor results at the beginning. That's all.
This is so sad

I really want to get into york but my grades are too low.

Latest

Trending

Trending