The Student Room Group

AQA AS (and A2?) Music 2015-

As I couldn't find one, I was hoping to start a discussion thread for the AQA music exam this year (as the set work changed to Haydn for the first time) as the exam is next week. I thought we could share revision sources and stuff. I'm personally doing pop music for the other segment but feel free to share for musical theatre and baroque choral too as well as the listening!
I'll start off with sharing this great video of the first movement of Haydn's symphony:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjaaI6uI_tw
Reply 1
Original post by HazMusicPanda
As I couldn't find one, I was hoping to start a discussion thread for the AQA music exam this year (as the set work changed to Haydn for the first time) as the exam is next week. I thought we could share revision sources and stuff. I'm personally doing pop music for the other segment but feel free to share for musical theatre and baroque choral too as well as the listening!
I'll start off with sharing this great video of the first movement of Haydn's symphony:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjaaI6uI_tw

Thanks for sharing that Haydn helping video analysis - it's genius and hilarious! :biggrin: My class is doing musical theatre but the popular music looks interesting.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Hi! I'm an A2 music student, I did a different set work but if you need any general tips about the exam I'm more than happy to help :u: x
Reply 3
Original post by Jambon66
Thanks for sharing that Haydn helping video analysis - it's genius and hilarious! :biggrin: My class is doing musical theatre but the popular music looks interesting.

Our class were split. Half wanted musical theatre (including myself) and half wanted pop but because our music teacher usually teaches pop, that's what we did. :P
I do baroque chorale. Also did Brief A for composition:frown:
Reply 5
Original post by HazMusicPanda
Our class were split. Half wanted musical theatre (including myself) and half wanted pop but because our music teacher usually teaches pop, that's what we did. :P

My teacher teaches musical theatre so we had no choice. If film music was an option, I would have wanted to study that.
Reply 6
What did everyone think?
Reply 7
Really nice paper, baroque choral essays were really easy
Full UMS (90) in the paper, 81/90 for comp and 96/120 for performance; A's all round and an A overall. So happy!

Quick Reply

Latest