The Student Room Group

I need an Easy 4th a level subject

Scroll to see replies

What about geography, it's not that difficult as the step from GCSE to AS isn't big, but the step to a2 is much bigger. Also I did aqa and the highest grade boundaries for an A is like 75/120 which is pretty low.

Posted from TSR Mobile
biology has one of the lowest rates of A grade students bro

General studies, I think :biggrin:
english lit, you can kinda wing it, as long as you have some decent ideas and just elaborate on them. grade boundaries for my board LITB1 AQA are alway around 47-51 out of 84 for an A, and this is worth 60% of your AS. for the coursework, 50/60 is an A, and that isn't too bad if you follow the feedback after first draft.

on top of it all, it is a 'facilitating subject' so well respected.
Original post by SeanFM
Accounting. It's not a generally desired subject and I don't know how difficult it is but it is something I would have liked to do.

DON'T do accounting if you think it will be an easy subject; it has been the hardest as level for me out of biology, chemistry and maths.
Reply 64
Original post by youreanutter
i am doing maths economics french and i need a 4th a level which is not too hard so i can relax abit as these a levels will be extremely demanding especially french

ik no a levels are easy but what are the ones which are least demanding

You're right, no A level is easy, but I would pick Government & Politics or English Language for that combination.
Reply 65
I do the exact same subjects and last year for my 'easier' AS I did sociology so perhaps you could consider that? I personally found it quite time consuming when it came to revision but maybe I just wasn't revising efficiently, I wouldn't exactly say it's hard, there's just a lot of content with theories and statistics and studies to learn. Either way, it's an interesting subject and one that surprisingly complements French very well as you talk about social issues in French too.

You could also do Further Maths AS, I'm doing it this year and it's not been that much extra work.
Aqa biology really ****ed us this year; idc.
Original post by Arieisit
You're just making you and your school look dumb. Lol ok.

no I'm not. A lot of of people repped my comment where I said biology was not at all easy, so clearly I'm not alone in thinking this and it is not just my year group struggling with the subject.

You're just making yourself look argumentative and pigheaded because you won't allow yourself to listen to another person's perspective and instead completely disregard what's been said, in favour of your own opinion, where you're suggesting if one person (you) doesn't find a subject hard, then everyone else that does struggle is an idiot.

Congrats for finding biology so easy, but don't assume it's plain sailing for everyone, because it isn't.
Original post by raspberr1es
Okay (soz) I probably generalised from what my friends have told me. Gotta say though, AQA biology is definitely harder than OCR x

Disagree hard here. I've got a friend who says you need 75/100 for an A in AQA biology for unit 2/5 but for OCR you need 65/100 for an A on average. I don't know about content wise, which should be similar enough but OCR questions are so picky at times
If you know anything computers AS ICT is a walk in the park (at least on WJEC anyway).
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
Disagree hard here. I've got a friend who says you need 75/100 for an A in AQA biology for unit 2/5 but for OCR you need 65/100 for an A on average. I don't know about content wise, which should be similar enough but OCR questions are so picky at times

AQA is marked far harsher. My teacher doubles as an examiner and she said AQA is the hardest exam board for bio x
Original post by ChoccyPhilly

A lot of the AQA questions have no relevance to the spec what so ever; i do ocr chemistry and its such a straightforward paper - the same can't be said for AQA biology.
Original post by kathan30
A lot of the AQA questions have no relevance to the spec what so ever; i do ocr chemistry and its such a straightforward paper - the same can't be said for AQA biology.

Do you do OCR a or b salters for chemistry? The two colleges I'm choosing between, one does OCR b salters chemistry as the other does Aqa. What would people say is the hardest?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aqa biology really ****ed us this year; idc.

it really did. The empa was pretty disastrous as well.
Original post by raspberr1es
no I'm not. A lot of of people repped my comment where I said biology was not at all easy, so clearly I'm not alone in thinking this and it is not just my year group struggling with the subject.

You're just making yourself look argumentative and pigheaded because you won't allow yourself to listen to another person's perspective and instead completely disregard what's been said, in favour of your own opinion, where you're suggesting if one person (you) doesn't find a subject hard, then everyone else that does struggle is an idiot.

Congrats for finding biology so easy, but don't assume it's plain sailing for everyone, because it isn't.

If biology is hard, then psychology is hard and everyone knows that psychology is a mickey mouse subject. It requires the same skill set.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hael468
Do you do OCR a or b salters for chemistry? The two colleges I'm choosing between, one does OCR b salters chemistry as the other does Aqa. What would people say is the hardest?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've heard horror stories about salters; do aqa.
If biology is hard, then psychology is hard and everyone knows that psychology is a mickey mouse subject. It requires the same skill set.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What you need to get through your head is, what you perceive as easy, others may not - stop making assumptions on people because they struggle with subjects you find easy; you won't get far with that attitude.
What you need to get through your head is, what you perceive as easy, others may not - stop making assumptions on people because they struggle with subjects you find easy; you won't get far with that attitude.

It won't? Why will it stop me from where I am going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

no it doesn't????

On this thread you have said basically every subject known to man is 'easy'. Out of interest of all of the subject's you have claimed to be a walk in the park, how many have you actually taken? Maximum six, but I doubt you even took that many, so how come you are acting like an expect in every field of study known to man?

All A levels are hard, so you're talking out of your rectum.

Also, in comparing bio and psychology, the yield of A grades for each subject is vastly different, with far more people scoring higher grades in the latter. Does this not prove that biology is hard, and significantly harder than psychology?

amen

Quick Reply

Latest