The Student Room Group

I need an Easy 4th a level subject

i am doing maths economics french and i need a 4th a level which is not too hard so i can relax abit as these a levels will be extremely demanding especially french

ik no a levels are easy but what are the ones which are least demanding

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Critical thinking? General studies?

Neither of these are particularly hard, nor are they particularly valuable, but unfortunately the two come hand in hand.
ICT. Goes well with Econ and Maths and is easy if you do your coursework on time. Also would recommend RS or Psychology.
Reply 3
Original post by youreanutter
i am doing maths economics french and i need a 4th a level which is not too hard so i can relax abit as these a levels will be extremely demanding especially french

Media studies, film studies, psychology, sociology (any social science), biology. All easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Further maths, its a no brainer, half the teaching hours of a 4th A level, and if you are thinking of doing economics of maths at university it is a must.
Original post by Arieisit
Media studies, film studies, psychology, sociology (any social science), biology. All easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

biology, easy?!?!

i would strongly disagree x
Reply 6

Business studies. Believe me when I say this, the only revision you need to do to get an A overall is to memorise formulae and the definitions of key words. Along with that, once you know the essay structure examiners want, you will get an A.
Reply 7
I would reccommend creative writing, its 60% coursework which i hardly put any effort into and got a high B. The exams only 40% and its easy to get a B overall with no revision. I haven't done any revision all year and will probably end up getting an B
also its not looked down upon by uni's like general studies or critical thinking
Reply 8
Original post by raspberr1es
biology, easy?!?!

i would strongly disagree x

Learn off everything and write/draw it back. How hard is that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

In all fairness if I took it, it would take away time from Maths and STEP and therefore indirectly be difficult.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think we do the same exam board buddy. With mine, your exam technique is what gets you the marks, and therefore it is imperative you have the skills down to a tee. You could know every biology process under the sun but if you don't say it exaaactly right, boom there go all your marks x
Accounting. It's not a generally desired subject and I don't know how difficult it is but it is something I would have liked to do.
Business Studies, if you drop it after AS then it's piss easy
ICT. Goes well with Econ and Maths and is easy if you do your coursework on time. Also would recommend RS or Psychology.

I take OCR Psychology and it's a LOT of information to just remember off by heart. You also need to be good at answering longer questions so it's not really a cake walk. However, people do say AQA Psychology is a lot easier, so idk.
Just do 3 and that way you can excel in them rather than wasting time on a subject your heart isn't in.
Original post by goodkidmadcity
I take OCR Psychology and it's a LOT of information to just remember off by heart. You also need to be good at answering longer questions so it's not really a cake walk. However, people do say AQA Psychology is a lot easier, so idk.

yeah AQA is hella easy. A bunch of my friends take it and say its the bees knees x
Original post by kprime2
Business studies. Believe me when I say this, the only revision you need to do to get an A overall is to memorise formulae and the definitions of key words. Along with that, once you know the essay structure examiners want, you will get an A.

really?might consider it but i was thinking more on the lines of psychology or biology just incase french gets too hard and i drop out
yeah AQA is hella easy. A bunch of my friends take it and say its the bees knees x

looks like I drew the short straw with OCR haha
Original post by Jai Sandhu
Further maths, its a no brainer, half the teaching hours of a 4th A level, and if you are thinking of doing economics of maths at university it is a must.

hmm but i wanna like have an a level where i barely bother with it and still get like a C further maths requires LOADSSSSSS of work i swear?
really?might consider it but i was thinking more on the lines of psychology or biology just incase french gets too hard and i drop out

Psychology and biology are not easy at all! Unless you have a photographic memory. To be honest, those two alevels are a memory test rather than an actual test of skills and aptitude for the subject.

Quick Reply

Latest