The Student Room Group

Price of insurance???

Hey,

Last year I got insured for £2500, I should have 1 NCD by the end of this policy which is due for renewal in 2 months time. So just to get an idea I got a few quotes, tweaking little things like miles to see the differences. The cheapest quote I got last month was around £1800, but then I check a few times today and the cheapest I get is £2500.

What is going on? If I check too many times do I get blacklisted?

Thanks
Reply 1
Hey.

Note the reference number for your cheapest quote. It is saved for a certain time period.

Thanks Bro
Yeah, like homeboy said, you can buy your cheapest quote until it expires (usually 30 days, so i'm guessing this is no use to you).
my advice would be to 'edit' and get a new quote every day for 30 days before you need to renew, then you can choose your cheapest quote when it comes to renewal day. make sure you check that the quote details are all correct, i.e. how long you will of had your driving license for when you renew and what date you want the policy to start on. the prices vary with how well the insurance companies are doing with their targets. for example, when the new cars are released in march and september, the prices will be more expensive than february or august (when no one is buying or insuring new cars)
Original post by SFeet
Hey,

Last year I got insured for £2500, I should have 1 NCD by the end of this policy which is due for renewal in 2 months time. So just to get an idea I got a few quotes, tweaking little things like miles to see the differences. The cheapest quote I got last month was around £1800, but then I check a few times today and the cheapest I get is £2500.

What is going on? If I check too many times do I get blacklisted?

Thanks

Have you done the usual stuff like looking on comparison sites and adding named drivers?
Original post by Emma:-)
Whats your problem?
I havent said anything thats illegal (if i have then feel free to tell me what ive apparently said thats meant to be illegal).

LOL, he thinks using price compare websites is illegal. funniest thing ever!
GO compare, GO compare, Go compare ...
I guess that moustached opera bloke is no longer on telly cos he's been arrested right?

Quick Reply

Latest