The Student Room Group

3 days left and 3 AS exams to study for - is it possible

i want relatively high grades but i've had 0 motivation and ive been feeling dead all half term. I managed to finish mechanics (Edexcel M1) and did a bit of Chem2 revision but no biology. Is it realistic to still aim high? lol

Scroll to see replies

Original post by timelizard
i want relatively high grades but i've had 0 motivation and ive been feeling dead all half term. I managed to finish mechanics (Edexcel M1) and did a bit of Chem2 revision but no biology. Is it realistic to still aim high? lol

You may not want to hear this but you deserve the grade you get. Whether A* or U. I would suggest past papers this late though..

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol better start revising your ass off or you gonna end up screwed mate, pull urseld together it is possible just try to work work workkkkkkkkkkkk nothing elsee... you can do it so can i
Reply 3
Original post by Enginerd.
You may not want to hear this but you deserve the grade you get. Whether A* or U. I would suggest past papers this late though..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont remember this thread at all!!!
i dont know if you care for an update but i got a B in mechanics (and did better than smarter peoole who di revise and didnt self teach, quite a miracle), an A in the Chem paper and full marks in the Bio paper

i had no idea i only cram revise for them
lmao ur doomed
Anyone sitting for IAL AS Biology Unit 1 exam tomorrow?
Reply 6
i dont know if you care for an update but i got a B in mechanics (and did better than smarter peoole who di revise and didnt self teach, quite a miracle), an A in the Chem paper and full marks in the Bio paper

takes a fool to believ u got full marks in bio with revising for it in like a day
You just need to get reading your notes and get going - it will be worth it and besides there is only a few days of pain to go. I suggest that you either revise for each one each day or do a chunk of each subject each day. No matter how you look at it you really need to get going.

Just try your best.

Woaaaa. No way!
Reply 9
You have 3 days left and you're asking if it's possible to pass your exams on TSR, the answer may depend on how long it takes for you to decide to start revising
This thread is over half a year old...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats.. just don't make the same mistake again, cramming doesn't always work. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Helpme.
takes a fool to believ u got full marks in bio with revising for it in like a day

You want proof mate
honestly i wish lying about my grades on the internet gave me pleasure - I'd do it often
Original post by Adeel Ali
Woaaaa. No way!

I have little to no recollection of making this thread tbh
it's not the end of the world if you get a low grade in your mocks. you have 5 to 6 months to prepare for your real exams depending on your exam dates.
Haha this was about the real AS exams, just an old thread i found by mistake
Guys this is an old thread. But congrats on your results. What unis are you applying for?
Reply 17
You want proof mate
honestly i wish lying about my grades on the internet gave me pleasure - I'd do it often

no way u can prove it but u cant learn bio in a day and get full marks
Original post by Helpme.

true i could but like i said im not bothered enough to fake my statement of results for randos on here
i didnt learn bio in a day, i just did no revision in the half term before it, apparently (which i seem to hve blocked from my memory). I revised half of it before hand, i probably just finished it off and did past papers in the 3 days before
Original post by Helpme.

I'd be sceptical if he claimed to 'learn' it in a day and get full marks, but it's possible with just a day's revision.
I found at GCSE and A-Level that when I paid attention and made the effort to understand the material as I went along, I didn't have to do much revision at all. For stuff I was particularly comfortable with, I could just skim through the text book the night before an exam, think "Oh yeah, I remember that!" and end up doing well. This strategy did not work out very well for stuff I'd slacked on over the year, though!!!

Quick Reply

Latest