The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Are nightclub bouncers not allowed to admit men on their own

I am a male aged 30, I don't really have my own friends.

I went out one night to a bar alone and it was quiet enough.
I had a two beer and left, I seen a lot of hot ladies going into an exciting looking nightclub.

When I walkd up to the front doors the bouncers in black jackets blocked my path and told me not a f**king chance as I was on my own.

I was well presented but club the bouncers it appears are only allowed to admit people who have friends or people they assume have social skills to meet other people.

I suppose I am supposed to be third class citizen and just live a s**tty boring a lonely life as I have very little social skills. Only guys with social skills are allowed into clubs and have first pick of hot women.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by tut123

I had a two beer and left, I seen a lot of hot ladies going into an exciting looking nightclub.

When I walkd up to the front doors the bouncers in black jackets blocked my path and told me not a f**king chance as I was on my own.

I was well presented but club the bouncers it appears are only allowed to admit people who have friends or people they assume have social skills to meet other people.

I suppose I am supposed to be third class citizen and just live a s**tty boring a lonely life as I have very little social skills. Only guys with social skills are allowed into clubs and have first pick of hot women.

well you certainly come across as creepy on here. pick of hot women? yes you clearly don't go clubbing a lot.

I have worked as a bouncer. theres many reasons you get rejected from club doors.

it depends on the club for one thing.

you have different "scenes".

i'm white and i've been told to not let white guys into a nightclub that was more for black people.

i've also experienced the opposite.

some guys can be dressed the part but look like theyre gonna cause trouble. you just get a vibe off certain people.

some places you get told to not let people in who are wearing certain brands.
some people its shirts only and or hard sole shoes.
we also will turn people away if they're too drunk cause we don't want the health n safety risk.
if we search you and we find pills or a breathalizer expect to be rejected. we don't know if they're prescription or not if your gonna sell em or if your gonna take em with your alcohol. brethalizer we might go easy on depending on the night. but if its a techno night i'd be reluctant cause some people take their drugs with a brethalizer.

there are some clubs that let any and everyone in. theyre known for being inclusive, big, chart pop hit music.

other clubs and most clubs are more exclusive. generally the motive is bring the girls the boys will follow, so most of the music will be for girls.

every guy who puts on nights will want to make money and have a theme idea of his demographic. cause he's selling a "scene"

some guys care more about the "scene" then they do about the money.

so some clubs you may find you get told to reject anyone thats not the "type" you want in. despite the fact that its empty and dead.

most clubs will start off open easier to get into cause they just want people to come in and fill up the place. then as the club gets more full they will get more and more exclusive. if it gets to 2am and the clubs still deserted then the nights generally been a failure cause its gonna be open for 2 more hours max so then they'll just let anyone in.

guys on their own is very common.

often guys will be meeting friends inside.

groups of lads know that we don't like to let large groups of all males in so they purposefully trickle in one by one.

from how you've typed. you seem kinda creepy. so you might be giving off a creepy vibe.

i won't let certain guys in cause i think they look like a date rapist.

cuz i've delt with girls and guys who have had their drink spiked before n its pretty bad.

my advice would be to go out early. like 8 at the earliest 10 at the latest.

especially if its a friday or saturday night. on those days its literally about numbers. you'll let guys n girls in 50/50 roughly cause you'll naturally turn away guys for wearing the wrong stuff or looking like trouble or being too drunk or not having id's or something. then by 10 it'll start getting full so its girls only. midnight its hot girls only. n then if you get to full capacity then nobodies allowed in.
In a word yes. They can knock back anybody they don't want in.
Reply 3
Original post by Mick.w
well you certainly come across as creepy on here. pick of hot women? yes you clearly don't go clubbing a lot.

I have worked as a bouncer. theres many reasons you get rejected from club doors.

i'm white and i've been told to not let white guys into a nightclub that was more for black people.

some guys can be dressed the part but look like theyre gonna cause trouble. you just get a vibe off certain people.

we also will turn people away if they're too drunk cause we don't want the health n safety risk.
if we search you and we find pills or a breathalizer expect to be rejected. we don't know if they're prescription or not if your gonna sell em or if your gonna take em with your alcohol. brethalizer we might go easy on depending on the night. but if its a techno night i'd be reluctant cause some people take their drugs with a brethalizer.

there are some clubs that let any and everyone in. theyre known for being inclusive, big, chart pop hit music.

other clubs and most clubs are more exclusive. generally the motive is bring the girls the boys will follow, so most of the music will be for girls.

every guy who puts on nights will want to make money and have a theme idea of his demographic. cause he's selling a "scene"

so some clubs you may find you get told to reject anyone thats not the "type" you want in. despite the fact that its empty and dead.

most clubs will start off open easier to get into cause they just want people to come in and fill up the place. then as the club gets more full they will get more and more exclusive. if it gets to 2am and the clubs still deserted then the nights generally been a failure cause its gonna be open for 2 more hours max so then they'll just let anyone in.

groups of lads know that we don't like to let large groups of all males in so they purposefully trickle in one by one.

from how you've typed. you seem kinda creepy. so you might be giving off a creepy vibe.

cuz i've delt with girls and guys who have had their drink spiked before n its pretty bad.

especially if its a friday or saturday night. on those days its literally about numbers. you'll let guys n girls in 50/50 roughly cause you'll naturally turn away guys for wearing the wrong stuff or looking like trouble or being too drunk or not having id's or something. then by 10 it'll start getting full so its girls only. midnight its hot girls only. n then if you get to full capacity then nobodies allowed in.

Interesting stuff, definately more to the bouncer game than I thought, Your, right, i've only been in a night club a few times. Thanks for giving me more of an idea of why this was.
Reply 4
Original post by MatureStudent36

Thanks for the summarised answer.
Reply 5
Really, it is a matter of walking to the door whether you are with someone or not and finding out what the guys on the door think of you.
Shall know this for future.
Reply 6
Bouncers and clubs in general get away with such frequent and illegal discrimination that stories like this are far too common.

If you think you've been discriminated against; write to your local district council's licencing team and have the place investigated.

Otherwise; vote with your wallet and never go to that dump again.
Original post by Mick.w

Basically this. I work as a bouncer part time around Hackney and central London. It depends on the club owner preference and what type of people the bouncers deem suitable to come into the club.
Reply 8
Original post by Mick.w

lol would you turn away a girl because she's 'not hot enough'- so harsh! what would you say? omg
Original post by Mick.w

Thanks for reminding me why I don't go near those pretentious, mini police states commonly known as "nightclubs". Give me the traditional English pub any day over a nightclub.
Original post by MatureStudent36

He has a point though. If they knocked back just black people, then people would complain and no doubt it would make the news and probably someone would be arrested for racism.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mick.w

could you explain the bolded- like how did they tell you and why? were they concerned about potentially discrimination cases- or were they just plain old racists?
Original post by CycleofSpin
He has a point though. If they knocked back just black people, then people would complain and no doubt it would make the news and probably someone would be arrested for racism.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They have been clubs in the news about that behaviour in particular
Reply 13
Original post by hdindak
lol would you turn away a girl because she's 'not hot enough'- so harsh! what would you say? omg

standard answer is "we're full" if she sees we've let people in after she got rejected then just say something like "sorry love its not that type of night" or if she took her eye off the club you could say "its one in one out someone left so we let someone in" but thats risky cuz she might just reque again.
I quite often arrive at clubs alone because I sometimes work until like 10/11pm so it's a case of quickly getting changed and heading out to meet everyone. I've never had trouble getting in but that's because the bouncers tend to chat to you for a bit before a decision is made so if it's clear you're meeting people inside they dont care.

So just lie and tell them your mates are already inside.
Reply 15
Original post by Iwouldliketoknow
could you explain the bolded- like how did they tell you and why? were they concerned about potentially discrimination cases- or were they just plain old racists?

the weren't worried about discrimination. door work is just one big discrimination.
Original post by Mick.w
but thats risky cuz she might just reque again.

lmao. bouncers are so ****ed up but eh just doing your job....where are some of the places you were a doorman at?
Original post by tut123

i've seen losers by themselves in a couple clubs. you are 30, maybe they find you quite old. be honest with yourself. maybe you're more of a pub guy....or...library...
While I have no doubt that this goes on, this seems so weird to me. Presumably this is only certain clubs that do that? Any club I've ever been to, I haven't seen them reject anyone except for people being too drunk.
Reply 19
Original post by Man.bear.pig
lmao. bouncers are so ****ed up but eh just doing your job....where are some of the places you were a doorman at?

i'd rather keep that private.

Latest

Trending

Trending