The Student Room Group

Murdered by the Internet

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/apr/21/woman-dies-after-taking-diet-pills-bought-over-internet

If you read that, you should be shocked. This is closer to home for me than the girl in the report above, my niece also died 10 days ago, (and will be buried tomorrow), from diet pills bought over the internet, she was just 25 years old.

Please people, especially women, you have no idea who are making and selling these pills. The adverts are all lies and the pills are filled out with anything that comes to hand. They use a web address ending in .co.uk to make it seem as if they are local and in the UK where the regulations are strict. The makers don't give a damn that the ingredients are deadly poison, most of them originate from China so it doesn't affect them.

If there was such a thing as diet pills, your GP would give them to you, so stop being stupid and take proper advice.
I don't understand why they would turn to pills when exercise and dieting is a more viable solution. People must be beyond desperate because it's common sense is it not?

Quick Reply

Latest