The Student Room Group

Which A Levels do not require coursework or practical assessment

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rhadawey
I think you do the practicals but they don't count towards your overall grade. It's just... there :smile:

Original post by Compost
You have to do the practicals but they don't affect your grade. If it's rigidly enforced I think it's going to make it even harder for private candidates to take Sciences than the current system.

Ahh I didn't know that. Thanks guys!
Original post by dmet
Thank you. Maths seems quite interesting. I have looked on the Edexel and AQA websites and the exam process seems quite complicated with the options especially AQA with the choice of papers and edexel is a terrible website for trying to get information.

Which exam board did you use?

Edexcel and AQA are probably the most common exam boards. For A level you have to take the 4 Core Maths units (C1-C4) and then you have a choice of Statistics, Mechanics, Decision maths or a combination of them for the 2 applied units. Given the other A levels you're taking, Statistics 1 and Statistics 2 would probably be the best choices for you.
Reply 22
Thank you so is it 2 core papers plus stats for AS and then a further 2 core papers and stats for A2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by LibertyMan
Maths. No coursework, no revision either if you listen in class.

Not if you have a rubbish teacher, and do you also include practice when you said "no revision"?
Original post by dmet
Thank you so is it 2 core papers plus stats for AS and then a further 2 core papers and stats for A2?

Yes.
Original post by kkboyk
Not if you have a rubbish teacher, and do you also include practice when you said "no revision"?

No.... you need to practice... but you get the hang of the basic rules of maths after doing a bit of practice. You don't need to make highlighted revision sheets before the exam or any of that crap.

Quick Reply

Latest