The Student Room Group

f322 Chemistry help

Is it just me or is f322 really hard
(edited 8 years ago)
Hello :smile: I've moved this to Chemistry :smile:
Not at all!:eek:

Know your mechanisms reactions and do loads of past papers and worksheets and you'll be fine!:biggrin:
Any questions ask me, I like f322!:colondollar:
Reply 3
Grade boundaries are lower for F322 than F321.

For example, last year at my college, only three student got full UMS on F321 but seventeen (of the same students) got full UMS on F322.
Original post by Pigster

For example, last year at my college, only three student got full UMS on F321 but seventeen (of the same students) got full UMS on F322.

Last year 19 out of 22 of my class got U's in chemistry overall, big difference there haha
hi, anyone know where i can get the f322 chem 2014 past paper please?
Original post by Pigster

This is just ridiculous

Do you teach at a private school

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by student_05
hi, anyone know where i can get the f322 chem 2014 past paper please?

Here you go bro

http://www.chemhume.co.uk/ASCHEM/ExamsMS/ExamMSnew.htm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Very good youtuber for A-level OCR chemistry.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MaChemGuy
Reply 9
Original post by Internet gangsta
This is just ridiculous

Do you teach at a private school

Posted from TSR Mobile

There were 132 students taking the exams, so it isn't as impressive as it initially seems, but yes I teach at an independent college, in the top ten in the UK.
Its's a different world!! In my college there was one chemistry class, there were 8 people in my class at AS, 4 got U grades, and 4 passed. No-one got higher than a C. Including me, there's now 3 of us at A2, but I think we're all doing pretty good compared to last year.
I've moved up in the world, my last school typically had about 100 students starting AS, doing 4 subjects (+ general studies), of which about 12-16 would start chemistry. Of them, about 80 would start A2, but we'd typically have 6-8 start A2 chemistry. Half the students would have left the school or dropped chemistry.

Now, there are about 150 start AS, of which most do chem. We have one or two who do not go on to A2. The biggest dropout happens after they got their university offers. If they don't need to do chem. they often drop it - half way through A2! Very pragmatically, it does give them more time to focus on the subjects they need.
Original post by Pigster
Now, there are about 150 start AS, of which most do chem. .

We probably have about 60 A2 students, probably 2/3 drop out from AS. Most people take IT, and then a mix of other things. There's about 16 doing maths at A2 though, split between 2 classes. I'm not sure if it's just the area we live in. Apprenticeships are big here, not many people make it to university. You're most likely to end up working for National Rail, BT or British Sugar, that is if you don't become a plumber/electrician/painter.

It's strange, if you're the only person to turn up to a lesson which is surprisingly common, then you just go and work independently in the library or something.
Original post by Pigster
There were 132 students taking the exams, so it isn't as impressive as it initially seems, but yes I teach at an independent college, in the top ten in the UK.

Still is very good :yes:

You must be a wicked teacher :yy:

private schools and public schools should have different grade boundaries for exams. It is so unfair how private students get compared to us in exams. They have better teachers, better resources, they're wealthier and therefore have a better quality of life etc...

All private students exam papers should be marked together and have their own set of grade boundaries and all public student exam papers should be marked together and have their own grade boundaries

What do ya think. Is this more fair?
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Future labour voter by any chance? : )

There are good independents and poor ones. I had a lot of job interviews a few years back and some of them had worse facilities than the state school I was previously at and obviously had poor morale amongst the staff. Should the students there be 'penalised' by their independent status, just because parents wanted to pay to keep their children out of the (mostly) rough state schools in that area? Would you pay (if you could) to stop your kids being bullied at school, even if the school wasn't all that good?

Another interesting bit of data shows how much worse university students who are ex-independent do compared to ex-state school kids. (many) Ex-independent kids are used to the extra attention and aren't used to having to independently study, so don't cope when they get to uni (not our students, they are in the library on a Saturday night until ten, silently working with no staff around).
how do people get full ums do they only loose like 5marks? sorry if this question seems stupid
Not getting questions wrong is the best way I know of to score full UMS.

Depending on the paper one has to get so many raw marks to get a E, a few more gets you a D etc. all the way up to A (which is 80% of full UMS). OCR don't (to my knowledge) publish how many raw marks one needs to get to score 90% of UMS or full UMS.

BUT, if you look at the raw marks for each grade boundary, you'd find that they line up very closely to a straight line. If you extrapolate that, you would find the 90% and full UMS raw mark requirements. Doing this for every paper set, you'd get full UMS if you got the following raw marks: 94, 94, 94, 85, 92, 97, 96, 94, 99, 93 (mean 93.8). Not that this means much for this year, but doing some dodgy statistics, suggest that, in answer of your question, getting 94/100 on F322 was on average, maybe, enough to get you full UMS. Similar analysis suggests that 58.6/60 was required to get full UMS on F321. Which does tie in nicely with my earlier claims about how many of our students got full UMS last year.
Reply 17
Original post by Richpeasant
Last year 19 out of 22 of my class got U's in chemistry overall, big difference there haha

last year no one got higher than a c at my school...

Quick Reply

Latest