The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Saltash Hall - Need Advice!

Hi All,

I was hoping that a current or ex-Brunel student will be able to shed some light on the different types of accommodation on offer at Brunel.

I've decided to put Saltash Hall as my first choice, mainly due to the fact its very cheap in comparison to the en suite rooms available. However, I have read a few stories about how bad these halls are, that you are sharing one shower with 11 people, it is single-sex floors and pretty disgusting etc...

I'm thinking of maybe switching to en suite, but due to postgraduates being assigned halls of residence near the back end of campus, it is pretty far away from the facilities available which is a bit off putting.

Any help will be much appreciated! It will also be nice to meet other students who are joining this year! :smile:
Original post by kp00143
Hi All,

I was hoping that a current or ex-Brunel student will be able to shed some light on the different types of accommodation on offer at Brunel.

I've decided to put Saltash Hall as my first choice, mainly due to the fact its very cheap in comparison to the en suite rooms available. However, I have read a few stories about how bad these halls are, that you are sharing one shower with 11 people, it is single-sex floors and pretty disgusting etc...

I'm thinking of maybe switching to en suite, but due to postgraduates being assigned halls of residence near the back end of campus, it is pretty far away from the facilities available which is a bit off putting.

Any help will be much appreciated! It will also be nice to meet other students who are joining this year! :smile:

Hi :smile:
I used to live in Saltash and I found it fine, no problems at all! Its single sex where you share the shower and toilet but corridors have 5 people in them each so the toilet is shared between the 5. You do share the shower and kitchen with the corridor below you (another 6 people) , but its single sex and I had no problems at all, everyone was really friendly and thankfully didnt leave any mess lol! I was so nervous thinking there`ll be people partying all night or something like that but there were no problems at all, its actually a quiet place! Plus the lecture halls right in front of you so you can sleep in a few more mins :wink: Even if you do happen to have any problems, there are Residence Mentors who come to meet you every 2-3 months to see how you`re getting on and if you have any issues.
Its up to you which halls you want to live at, thought I`d share my experience as I didnt have anyone to hear from when deciding I just went for it as it was cheaper lol.

Oh and PS: Whichever halls of residence you decide to live in, theres security 24/7 and if anyone does end up disturbing you, you can anonymously let them know and they`ll come sort it out :smile: (not that I had to lol)
Good luck, have a great time at Brunel!
:smile:
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi there!

I am also really stressing about this at the moment! I have been offered a room in Saltash - Staircase A Room 31 and I am not sure if I am keen to take it. I haven't heard the best things about Saltash.

I really want a relaxed place where I can work but also be social if I want to be.

I will only share bathrooms with 3 other people but the kitchen situation concerns me. How does that work? Do you share with the floor below etc? Thanks!
Reply 3
I got a room on the ground floor next to shower, bathroom, kitchen and laundry room, and the best thing.....ROOM NUMBER 007 *queue james bond theme* I'M SO BLESSED :smile:
Most people find saltash fine. But honestly all accom on campus is 5mins to the lecturecentre/library

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending