The Student Room Group

Travelling the world alone?

I want to travel the world but I hate backpacks and I dont want to take a suitcase as I dont need to take a lot so I was just wondering if there was any other types of bags that I could take instead? Also if any of you have traveled the world alone and what you think of it. Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Planning on travelling the high seas ^^ , but i'd hate to do it alone.
Original post by nataliej2609
I want to travel the world but I hate backpacks and I dont want to take a suitcase as I dont need to take a lot so I was just wondering if there was any other types of bags that I could take instead? Also if any of you have traveled the world alone and what you think of it. Thanks

Hey even though you don't particularly want to take a suitcase I think it would be a good idea, even if it's just a small one. You're most likely going to want to bring back souvenirs which can take up a lot of room especially if you're buying things from exotic regions :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Planning on travelling the high seas ^^ , but i'd hate to do it alone.

That sounds fun! Why wouldn't you do it alone? Not criticising, just wondering.
Original post by kandykissesxox
Hey even though you don't particularly want to take a suitcase I think it would be a good idea, even if it's just a small one. You're most likely going to want to bring back souvenirs which can take up a lot of room especially if you're buying things from exotic regions :smile:

Yeah Im not sure. I just think that it would be annoying for me because Im not staying in 1 place for very long so I need something that's light, easy to move and not bulky. I just hate backpacks so Im refusing to have one!
That sounds fun! Why wouldn't you do it alone? Not criticising, just wondering.

Personally , I'd be a lot less fun without friends.
Yeah Im not sure. I just think that it would be annoying for me because Im not staying in 1 place for very long so I need something that's light, easy to move and not bulky. I just hate backpacks so Im refusing to have one!

I understand, you could try a travel handbag, one that has wheels? :smile:
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Personally , I'd be a lot less fun without friends.

Yeah it just depends on the person. Hope you have fun :smile:
Original post by kandykissesxox
I understand, you could try a travel handbag, one that has wheels? :smile:

Yeah I could. Thanks :smile:
I think you should get one of those 'weekender' bags. They're pretty big so they have enough room for clothes, shoes, toiletries etc but not huge and bulky- you can carry it like a handbag :smile:
Hire a servant to carry your things for you.
That sounds like a crazily fun thing to do. Hope you have fun!

I think a backpack is the way to go, but if you're being stubborn a small suitcase to wheel about. You can't exactly carry a Tesco carrier bag around the world; you need something to hold all your tidbits and pairs of clothes.
Original post by ThatGurl
I think you should get one of those 'weekender' bags. They're pretty big so they have enough room for clothes, shoes, toiletries etc but not huge and bulky- you can carry it like a handbag :smile:

Yeah I was looking at them!
Original post by Ed's Balls
Hire a servant to carry your things for you.

No thanks....
Original post by callum_law
That sounds like a crazily fun thing to do. Hope you have fun!

I think a backpack is the way to go, but if you're being stubborn a small suitcase to wheel about. You can't exactly carry a Tesco carrier bag around the world; you need something to hold all your tidbits and pairs of clothes.

Well Im obviously not going to take a Tesco carrier bag and yeah.
Well Im obviously not going to take a Tesco carrier bag and yeah.

I was joking, mate. I see why you're going alone

Where do you plan on going?
Why do you hate backpacks? It really would be the easiest and most comfortable option. (This isn't meant to sound patronising)
Yeah I was looking at them!

Great minds think alike!
Original post by callum_law
I was joking, mate. I see why you're going alone

Where do you plan on going?

Okay then and there's a lot of places but my favorites are Rome, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Fiji, New York, Jamaica, Rio de Janerio, Dubai and Ibiza.
Original post by blackened_sky
Why do you hate backpacks? It really would be the easiest and most comfortable option. (This isn't meant to sound patronising)

They're just really ugly. I know this may sound incredibly ridiculous and stupid to some people but I just hate them.

Quick Reply