The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

PGDipEd Maths SKE year funding

Hello!

I'm looking into doing this course (starting in 2016) and I was just wondering if anyone could tell me more about the funding available for the SKE year?

I saw that there is a bursary available but there isn't much information about it. They say they will send you more information in the summer before you start about applying but I'd like to find out more before then.

What are the eligibility requirements and how is the money paid? I know you don't pay tuition fees, but I need to work out if I am going to be able to support myself throughout the year. Whilst I was at uni I was eligible for the full support provided by student loans and I just wondered if it was the same sorts of requirements.

Obviously a bursary would be a massive help, but otherwise I'll be saving money anyway over the next year but how strict I am with my savings is going to based on how much I think I'm going to need (So for example can I afford to pay out to go visit my extended family back home or do I need to save that money).

Thank you for the help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending