The Student Room Group

Study A Level while at uni?

Does anyone know if it possible for me to study biology A level as an evening course alongside a foundation year?

I'll be doing an Art and design course at MMU for one year but I really want to do biology a level because I am now thinking I'd like to do oceanography as a degree after the foundation year. I am sitting my other three a levels in two weeks.
Original post by BlueBananaMoon
Does anyone know if it possible for me to study biology A level as an evening course alongside a foundation year?

I'll be doing an Art and design course at MMU for one year but I really want to do biology a level because I am now thinking I'd like to do oceanography as a degree after the foundation year. I am sitting my other three a levels in two weeks.

Of course it's possible, but you may well struggle with the work load which is something to bare in mind.

You would need to find an external exam centre to sit the exams and I'm not sure about an evening course, again that's something you would have to look into, it would depend on the area.
What I would suggest would be more likely and easier to find is a personal tutor which, you could spend a few hours a week with and you could get though the rest of subject independently. I speak from experience when I say this is no easy task, especially with a science course, it's very difficult as an independent student to find somewhere in which you can do the necessary practical work and the experiments required for the coursework.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending