The Student Room Group

No tie for prom? Good or bad choice?

image1xxl.jpg

I would like your feedback on my suit choice for prom. I was thinking of wearing the above suit with black shoes. But im not sure whether to wear a skinny tie or no tie. Im a slim, tall-ish asian male.

Not too sure what other people will think if i wear no tie :s-smilie:

thanks!
personally, i think skinny ties look great, but do what you want!! don't worry about what other people are going to say, as long as you're happy with how you look don't feel pressured to dress a certain way :smile:
Original post by violavenisis
personally, i think skinny ties look great, but do what you want!! don't worry about what other people are going to say, as long as you're happy with how you look don't feel pressured to dress a certain way :smile:

Thankyou! I was just worried because most people are wearing tie's lol
Reply 3
I'd say you need a tie of some sort.

Though I dispise skinny ties and the sight of someone wearing one almost irritates me (even reading the name in fact) that's beside the point, which is that if you want to go down that route I doubt anyone will criticise you for it, given that a considerable amount of people (inexplicably) seem to favour them.

Alternatively since that suit is evidently some kind of dinner suit-inspired design you could consider a black bow tie, which might look better than a regular tie of the same colour.
Reply 4
I agree - a bow tie would look fantastic with that particular suit. Just had a look and theres some quite nice ones on ASOS and some quite quirky ones which may look quite good. Alternatively, I know that undone bow ties also look quite suave - but I'd recommend a bow tie as they look great in my opinion (as a female)

Some velvet; printed; silk ones etc :
http://www.asos.com/search/bow-tie?q=bow+tie&pge=1&pgesize=36&refine=floor:floor_1001&currentpricerange=0-65
Original post by Hayer
I agree - a bow tie would look fantastic with that particular suit. Just had a look and theres some quite nice ones on ASOS and some quite quirky ones which may look quite good. Alternatively, I know that undone bow ties also look quite suave - but I'd recommend a bow tie as they look great in my opinion (as a female)

Some velvet; printed; silk ones etc :
http://www.asos.com/search/bow-tie?q=bow+tie&pge=1&pgesize=36&refine=floor:floor_1001&currentpricerange=0-65

Thanks ! I do agree that a bow tie would go with that sort of suit.
I think a bow tie would look awesome- I'm sure you could rock it either way though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I'd go for a black tie.
Honestly though by the time you get to uni, you wont give 2 sheets about your prom, since you'll have parties virtually every week or days if you include clubs haha.
Bow tie, get a propper one, an untied propper bow tie looks sexy
Hehe not too sure on untied bow tie lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending