The Student Room Group

X^x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by MathMeister
Cambridge is no better for medicine than many other RG universities for example, Southampton, UCL ext...
(This is coming from Cambridge graduates (mean-whilst also being Medical professors, lecturers, doctors ext...))

Bear in mind Medicine is a vocational degree and the students who finish the degree anywhere are still nobodies wherever they came from in a hospital for example...

Yes I agree with you. I wasn't the one who was saying one is better than the other. I just questioned why another user thought one medical school was better.
No better than many other RG unis though.
For medicine it doesn't matter where you go to study it tbqh.
honest fact

Where a doctor studied doesn't matter in terms of their future career, but Medicine is one of the most competitive subjects for admissions at Cambridge; everything needs to be perfect - UMS, interview, GCSEs, BMAT, etc, so getting an offer to study Medicine at Cambridge is quite impressive in my view.
Reply 42
Cambridge is no better for medicine than many other RG universities for example, Southampton, UCL ext...
(This is coming from Cambridge graduates (mean-whilst also being Medical professors, lecturers, doctors ext...))

Bear in mind Medicine is a vocational degree and the students who finish the degree anywhere are still nobodies wherever they came from in a hospital for example...

But I would like to add that as different medical schools have different ways of teaching, this could have an effect on the type of practice medical students may go into. That will probably result into some medical schools having better departments than others as some practices become more popular than others within the university.
I was fully aware before I applied that medicine is a course that's hard to get into, but it doesn't matter where you go really in terms of getting a job after. I picked my four medical schools based on the experiences I could see myself having there.
But I still believe some medical schools are harder to get into others, but only slightly. I've seen people get into places like Oxford/Cambridge but then get rejected from places like Bristol and Manchester.
I suppose getting into Cam is impressive yeah- i wasnt doubting this.
It just sounded like one of you were saying a uni was far better than others.
so all is cool :colonhash:
Original post by physicsmaths
Just want a yes and no answer and i didnt want to google it just incase I stumbled upon the answer/method.
Is it possible to integrate x^x with A level maths fm knowledge? If so I have a fun evening ahead of me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It only requires a few lines, take x^x and express it as e^(xlnx), then use the taylor series and voila, you have your solution.

I dont know if anyone has already answered this.

Quick Reply

Latest