The Student Room Group

Is there any point dating if you're a 7/10 or under?

You'll always be seeing your partner checking out other guys (or girls) who are hotter. And knowing they would do better if they could

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
This is not a troll thread btw, I am probably a 6-7 due to my face
Most people don't date cuz they see a point/purpose in it, they date because they have to. Let the 7s date the 7s, and the 9s date the 9s etc.
Reply 3
Original post by Thahleel
Most people don't date cuz they see a point/purpose in it, they date because they have to. Let the 7s date the 7s, and the 9s date the 9s etc.

Dating having a relationship whatever.

Yes but even if a 7 is dating a 7 one of them at least will still probably be wishing they were with someone hotter. Unless you can afford cosmetic surgery or something your screwed
Original post by Anonymous

6-7 is fine ok? Nothing wrong with that. It's not all about looks :smile: Just do you, there's someone out there for everyone
Eh, not really. If my girlfriend was a 7 I wouldn't want to be with anyone else whether they're an 8 or a 10, I'd be with her for a reason.
Reply 6
I understand what you mean, but some guys just want to settle down. My sister is average-looking (but she is nice) and she dated someone who is average-looking (and he is nice too) and now they are happily married and have too children.

I don't think it's that uncommon; after all, most people are pretty average looking, and there are lots of children around.
I dont see why people think this rating/10 this is a universally understood measurement:confused:

you might think youre a 6 someone else could say youre a 3 another person could think youre a 10
(edited 8 years ago)
if you have money it is okay
a 4/10 can easily snag a 9/10 or 10/10 if the guy has money
Rating everyone, especially yourself, out of ten, is going to make you really insecure. You need to change your mindset. Attraction is emotional, not rational, hence people so often say "why the **** would he/she go out with him/her?".
Everyone's gonna be more attractive to some people, and less to others. That "9/10" you think is out of your league might think you're also a "9/10", ya know.

Ratings are pretty daft anyway. Dragging attractiveness down to a number on a scale? There are so many factors that come into play that it's redundant as f*ck.
Reply 11
You'll always be seeing your partner checking out other guys (or girls) who are hotter. And knowing they would do better if they could

When you're secure in your relationship, you do it together. :colone:

The point isn't that there's someone hotter than your partner (there always is, somewhere). The point is your partner's the one you want so who cares. :h:
Reply 12
Did anyone else read the title as: 'is there any point in dating if you are 7/10 years old or under'
Original post by whorace
Did anyone else read the title as: 'is there any point in dating if you are 7/10 years old or under'

me!!!
Yes, there is: it gets you sex, hugs, and snuggles. Take it from me.
(edited 8 years ago)

In your opinion though. One person's 7 is another's 9. Rating's out of 10 aren't the same for each person, people have different ideas of what attractive is.

My mate classes most of my 4s as 6s for example. Some of what I would call an 8 has been a 6/7 to them, ya know it's all subjective and stuff. A girl I know prefers a guy to have visible collar bones rather than a six pack, while some girls would think that's weird as hell. Attraction is irrational.

That's before you even get to those odd people that are pretty much personality-exclusive, some care very little about your physical appearance so long as you don't look like some sort of whale or dog.

Original post by blackened_sky
Ratings are pretty daft anyway. Dragging attractiveness down to a number on a scale? There are so many factors that come into play that it's redundant as f*ck.

I use the number more just as an arbitrary scale of how strongly my feeling of physical attraction towards a person is. Calling somebody pretty or hot is all well and good but there's no sense of "how hot", ya feel me? Throwing different positive adjectives out there doesn't really convey it very well IMO.

Yes but even if a 7 is dating a 7 one of them at least will still probably be wishing they were with someone hotter.

If they wished they were with somebody else they wouldn't be dating you in the first place. Unless they were stupid.
Original post by Protégé
Eh, not really. If my girlfriend was a 7 I wouldn't want to be with anyone else whether they're an 8 or a 10, I'd be with her for a reason.

what if that reason was that she couldnt get anyone else?

Retired_Messiah
If they wished they were with somebody else they wouldn't be dating you in the first place. Unless they were stupid.

They might just be dating for sex (men) or money (women), and b/c they couldnt get anyone better.

Everyone who dates someone less than a 10 is just settling for what they can get

blackened_sky
Everyone's gonna be more attractive to some people, and less to others. That "9/10" you think is out of your league might think you're also a "9/10", ya know.

Its highly unlikely, let's be honest. For women they want a guy with a six pack, a high salary, handsome face etc. For men they want a girl with a face like jessica alba (big eyes/lips) and a slim but curvy body.

But most people do rate people/10
I think you're overthinking it, rating isn't going to help at all, if anything it makes you less confident (I hate saying that word too :tongue: ) it's better to just focus on the person in question rather than rating everybody, or atleast this is my opinion
what if that reason was that she couldnt get anyone else?

Like if she was only with me because she could only get a relationship with me? I'd dump her of course.
Original post by PangXie
When you're secure in your relationship, you do it together. :colone:

The point isn't that there's someone hotter than your partner (there always is, somewhere). The point is your partner's the one you want so who cares. :h:

I dont think that's a sign of togetherness. I'm no white knight but thats not something I would do or want my partner to do, but lets be honest they would

But if another partner came along who was hotter they would be with them instead. Most people just settle for what they can get

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending