Undecided about chemistry

I am in my AS year (resit student)
First year i got 3Ds in maths, biology and chemistry
I picked up physics this year
Predicted A in chemistry and maths
B in biology and a C in physics
I enjoy chemistry alot and want to study it at uni
I am unsure about what course to pick
Pure chemistry, biochemistry or chemistry with maths.

I enjoy organic and physical chemistry.
What sort of jobs can i do after i graduate with one of these degrees

Sorry for asking so many questions
Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, I've just finished my first year at Bangor University doing Chemistry with Industrial Experience. From what I've gathered from my first year, just pure Chemistry is a really good option because you have quite a few different options out of Uni. If you apply for a course such as Marine or Environmental Chemistry, you won't have as many options as you haven't had as much time and experience in labs as the pure chemists. Also, if you can, apply for a year in Industry or Abroad, because you can meet a lot of people in the industry that can recommend you to different companies at the end of your degree, its experience that employers are looking for. Good luck with your decision, hope I've helped. If you've got any more questions, please feel free to ask. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
If you enjoy organic and physical, pure chemistry is probably the best choice. Chemistry with maths sounds good too, especially if you'd be interested in doing more physical chemistry in future, as it requires good computational and analytical skills. Biochemistry won't give you such a good chemistry grounding, it's more biology focused. After general chemistry you can go pretty much into any field anyway depending on your interests.
Reply 3
Original post by tusiek
If you enjoy organic and physical, pure chemistry is probably the best choice. Chemistry with maths sounds good too, especially if you'd be interested in doing more physical chemistry in future, as it requires good computational and analytical skills. Biochemistry won't give you such a good chemistry grounding, it's more biology focused. After general chemistry you can go pretty much into any field anyway depending on your interests.

Ok thanks for the advice
Will research more in chemistry related degrees and jobs students tend to do after the degree in chemistry :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending