The Student Room Group

I am looking for a temporary summer job, (age 16) hows is this profile

"I am reliable and hard-working individual who isable to multi-task and work under pressure, a great team player with infectiousenthusiasm and very friendly. I enjoy working in a face paced environment becauseI am able to easily adapt to such work places and this will help me to easilylearn. I am also a supportive and innovative character who demonstrates aresponsible attitude and who at all times is looking to learn new skills to maximizehis own performance either within a working team or independently."

How is this, also i dont really have much to say on skills ?
My only work experience was from school, working in a community centre which i was entirely involved with computers,

I am looking for a job that i can learn something from, like barista or sales assistant.

Do you know any good places i can reach out for?

This coffee shops never have a vacancy, sooo annoying!!!
Reply 1
Hey thanks man u saved my life for that mistake lol,

but i mean the employer would understand if i am 16 because i can not get a job at 15.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
hmm...

gotcha, thanks man
Dude, when someone tells you he's a reliable and hard-working individual who is able to multi-task and work under pressure [and] a great team player, he usually isn't.

To be honest, you are trying to sell yourself too much and it doesn't leave a good impression, at least on me (I'm 23 and I've been involved in hiring people before). It's pretentious. Don't say what you are or can do explicitly if it's just abstract adjectives but rather describe your experience and behaviour in specific situations so that they can make their own mind. For example, say that you were coordinating multiple projects and always got the work done in time, even with the deadline near, and you faced problems with your team who respected your authority.

Don't be afraid to throw in a couple of negative traits as well but also add that you are working on them and are eager to improve, possibly using experience from this job. Employers don't like people who only mention their positives. It's quite unreal.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
If that is supposed to be a personal statement for your CV, I suggest you place only a couple of your qualities cause it looks like you crammed it all in and trying to sell yourself too much. You should check out this CV example/template, it could help with your CV and advertising yourself effectively :smile:

Plus the Rymans stationary stores are probably a great place to start work in, as they often search for young individuals, even if they have no work experience at all!

Good luck! :tongue:
Reply 5
thankss, i guess i need to work more on this,
Reply 6
You guys are great!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending