The Student Room Group

What will you be glad to finish?

Are there any exams in particular that you will be quite excited to sit and then forget about forever? In fact, are there any subjects you've already done and never have to worry about ever again? :biggrin:

Personally, I'm glad to have finished English Literature. It was quite a painful subject to revise for. I'm hoping my coursework mark will bring my exam mark up, but I don't feel that I did horrendously in the exam. (Hoping for an A.)

Also, I'm looking forward to finishing history. It's quite a dense subject and I easily forget the random facts we're expected to know. Seriously, I revise and think: "It is not possible for me to ever forget this," and one week later, I've forgotten all the dates. D:

Share your views. :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by stableintegral
Are there any exams in particular that you will be quite excited to sit and then forget about forever? In fact, are there any subjects you've already done and never have to worry about ever again? :biggrin:

Personally, I'm glad to have finished English Literature. It was quite a painful subject to revise for. I'm hoping my coursework mark will bring my exam mark up, but I don't feel that I did horrendously in the exam. (Hoping for an A.)

Also, I'm looking forward to finishing history. It's quite a dense subject and I easily forget the random facts we're expected to know. Seriously, I revise and think: "It is not possible for me to ever forget this," and one week later, I've forgotten all the dates. D:

Share your views. :smile:

Hey there,

For me personally, it's Biology because there's too much content for it and it;s just not nice! Also music, but it's not too bad I guess!

History can be a nuisance but I can't wait to finish the surgery paper!!
Original post by matt4650
Hey there,

For me personally, it's Biology because there's too much content for it and it;s just not nice! Also music, but it's not too bad I guess!

History can be a nuisance but I can't wait to finish the surgery paper!!

History of medicine was actually my favourite topic, which contains surgery. Haha. The information I need is all in one textbook, so it's pretty convenient to revise for.

But history in general is hard to enjoy whilst revising, but really interesting the first time you learn about the topic. (For me anyway). :ahee:
English Literature - due to the tedious work we have to do. Our school made us do the play, DNA, it is awful. Most people don't know it so I'll sum it up in a sentence. A group of crazy teenagers think they kill someone although they didn't and when they found out that they didn't kill the person, they go and kill them. Additionally, literature has poetry in it (do I really need to explain myself here?)
Original post by What Is Life?
English Literature - due to the tedious work we have to do. Our school made us do the play, DNA, it is awful. Most people don't know it so I'll sum it up in a sentence. A group of crazy teenagers think they kill someone although they didn't and when they found out that they didn't kill the person, they go and kill them. Additionally, literature has poetry in it (do I really need to explain myself here?)

I did poetry coursework instead of doing a poetry exam. Those poems in our anthology looked dreadful to be honest. But yes, I agree with you. It's pretty darn tedious to revise for a subject that you can't really revise for. You can't mark your own essays, after all.

Of Mice and Men is dire. Even though it's so easy on the surface level, making it complex for an A* is a pain. :\
All of them :biggrin:
Reply 6
I will not be able to relax until I do my final exam on June 16th. It's history which is one of the most scary for me I think :/ I'm just nervous for then all tbh

Quick Reply

Latest