The Student Room Group

I neglected my teeth in the past, now i want nice teeth. is it possible? photos"

I'm 23 and male.

For many years - as long as I can remember, I have snacked on sugary food/drinks excessively and was never too bothered about the appearance and affect on my teeth.
I would brush my teeth at night for 10 seconds and straight after would gulp down cans of coke and sweets.

I am 23 now and look at some older people I know and some have awful teeth and some have false teeth.

I have decided that I really want to stop eating many sugary food and drinks, for the past 4 days I have been brushing my teeth very well using mouthash afterwards.
If I drink any pop I limit myself to 1 can per day and sip it through a straw .

I really want to look after my teeth now and have decided to give up snacking so much in sugary foods.

I plan on whitening my teeth for next few months and perhaps go in for braces when I'm like 25.

Here are recent photo's of my teeth , I realise they may be slightly gappy hence why I want braces.
I want to know if you think I still will be able to achieve having nice teeth or if too much damage has been done to have properly nnice teeth, even with dentist assistance ??

I just want your opinion, thanks

Click
twice to make photos bigger
IMG_20150527_213907.jpg
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Use special fluoride toothpaste :smile:

Apart from that, I think some dentists can do tests to check the strength of your enamel etc so I'd recommend trying to book an appointment to get them to analyse your teeth.

I just had to have a tooth pulled out because it was dying (it was a baby tooth with no adult tooth to replace it) so now I have a gap.

I would not recommend having to go down this road (it was inevitable for me due to the type of tooth) so you are doing the right thing! The important thing is consistency!
Reply 2
Original post by TheWaffle
Use special fluoride toothpaste :smile:

Apart from that, I think some dentists can do tests to check the strength of your enamel etc so I'd recommend trying to book an appointment to get them to analyse your teeth.

I just had to have a tooth pulled out because it was dying (it was a baby tooth with no adult tooth to replace it) so now I have a gap.

I would not recommend having to go down this road (it was inevitable for me due to the type of tooth) so you are doing the right thing! The important thing is consistency!

Many thanks

(Baby tooth, aww :smile:)

What doescsoecial fluoride toothpaste do, does it stregthen enamel?

Is your missing tooth visible or hidden at the back that nobody can notice?

Reply asap thanks
Reply 3
You might want to look into porcelain veneers. They're somewhat expensive, but they can do miracles if you're self-consious with your teeth.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending