The Student Room Group

One of the worst double standards, seems to be ok when it is NOT.

It is a huge double standard in this country with this whole false rape thing...as soon as a woman says rape...feminists say she is a victim (even though there is no proof). I hear women downplaying false rape claiming it is rare. ...and it's just 2% so it's fine.

Even after the man is exonerated no one ever addresses the fact that he spent years behind bars....feminists still refer to the accuser as a "victim"....and what pisses me of is when they worry that if you punish a woman who falsely accuses a man of rape...other women will be scared to come forward.

If you were truly raped and you are telling the truth... then why would you worry or automatically assume that no one would believe you. These hypocritical b!tches need to start telling and encouraging women to report their assault and go the hospital. ...instead they encourage them to walk around for 50 years then come back and tell rape....and everyone should believe you and just prosecute someone just because you are a woman and women don't lie.

I don't see anyone standing up for the v 12 year old boys getting molested and raped by female teachers.

Rape is nothing more or less than a conscious process of intimidation by which all men keep all women in a state of fear.
- Susan Brownmiller

Politically, I call it rape whenever a woman has sex and feels violated.
- Catherine MacKinnon

And if the professional rapist is to be separated from the average dominant heterosexual (male), it may be mainly a quantitative difference.
- Susan Griffin

Men who are unjustly accused of rape can sometimes gain from the experience.
- Catherine Comins

Feminists obviously dont live in the real world
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Just goes to show how most feminists really do not give one **** about men. 2% of rape accusations being false still equates to hundreds, maybe even thousands of men being falsely accused every year, and that's the conservative estimate. It's pretty much impossible to calculate exactly how many accusations are false.
Why can't we just remain completely neutral regarding our belief of a rape accusation until an investigation has been completed? We shouldn't be making a decision regarding someone's guilt until all the evidence has been collected and analysed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Legally, men and women who have been raped are entitled to the same treatment. Of course societally some people are more ignorant to male rape, probably because it's less common.
Admitting you're a victim of sexual assault is a humiliating and terrifying experience, because often in society people are so eager to look to the woman as responsible (what she was wearing, she was asking for it ect...) so of course often it can take years and years to summoning the courage to talk about your experience. That doesn't make the claim any less valid.
Reply 4
Original post by MattyR2895
Just goes to show how most feminists really do not give one **** about men. 2% of rape accusations being false still equates to hundreds, maybe even thousands of men being falsely accused every year, and that's the conservative estimate. It's pretty much impossible to calculate exactly how many accusations are false.
Why can't we just remain completely neutral regarding our belief of a rape accusation until an investigation has been completed? We shouldn't be making a decision regarding someone's guilt until all the evidence has been collected and analysed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed
Reply 5
Original post by missmillie12345
Legally, men and women who have been raped are entitled to the same treatment. Of course societally some people are more ignorant to male rape, probably because it's less common.
Admitting you're a victim of sexual assault is a humiliating and terrifying experience, because often in society people are so eager to look to the woman as responsible (what she was wearing, she was asking for it ect...) so of course often it can take years and years to summoning the courage to talk about your experience. That doesn't make the claim any less valid.

This isnt what the OP is about. Its about how vile F*CKED up women are crying rape when it didnt happen to destroy a mans life. Not only does it destroy a mans life but it is offensive to the women who actually got raped
Original post by db_F40
This isnt what the OP is about. Its about how vile F*CKED up women are crying rape when it didnt happen to destroy a mans life. Not only does it destroy a mans life but it is offensive to the women who actually got raped

Anyone who falsely accuses anyone of anything is awful. All anyone can do to determine if a claim is true or false is have a just court case. I don't think anyone is disagreeing that people who ruin the lives of innocent people with false claims are awful?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by db_F40

How is the fact that some people make false rape allegations a double standard? Where is the double standard?

As far as I am aware, rape and false rape allegations are two completely separate crimes. I don't know why people put them together in the way you have.

Some people are raped, and report it. Some people are raped and never report it. Some people are raped and report it a long time after the incident. And some people were not raped, but make a false allegation.

What is the link between the first three cases, and the last one?

I just don't understand why people pool them all together. Where is the double standard? We are discussing serious crimes here and it's offensive to diminish them to the extent to where you use them as tools to fit some gender agenda.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Anyone who falsely accuses anyone of anything is awful. All anyone can do to determine if a claim is true or false is have a just court case. I don't think anyone is disagreeing that people who ruin the lives of innocent people with false claims are awful?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, i misinterpreted your post,

But it is unfortunate that as soon as a women falsely accuses a man of rape, she is most of the time believed solely on the basis that she is a woman
Original post by Twinpeaks
How is the fact that some people make false rape allegations a double standard? Where is the double standard?

As far as I am aware, rape and false rape allegations are two completely separate crimes. I don't know why people put them together in the way you have.

Some people are raped, and report it. Some people are raped and never report it. Some people are raped and report it a long time after the incident. And some people were not raped, but make a false allegation.

I just don't understand why people pool them all together. Where is the double standard? We are discussing serious crimes here and it's offensive to diminish them to the extent to where you use them as tools to fit some gende agenda.

Excellent point. And then to blame the shortcomings of court cases in identifying false claims on the 'nasty evil feminists' is really just so infuriating. Feminists have nothing to do with the court process.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Twinpeaks

I just don't understand why people pool them all together. Where is the double standard? We are discussing serious crimes here and it's offensive to diminish them to the extent to where you use them as tools to fit some gende agenda.

Women can falsely accuss men of rape and get away with it, destroying the mans life. But when a man does it, he is accused of lying, no one takes him seriously. also being accused of perverting the court of justice.

I have put them together because women that falsely state they have been raped should be a crime and carry a long jail sentence. It only makes sense. Its also because if we keep finding out about all these women falsely stating that they been raped, no one is going to take the real rape victims seriously

Are you talking about the qoutes?
Original post by db_F40
Ah, i misinterpreted your post,

But it is unfortunate that as soon as a women falsely accuses a man of rape, she is most of the time believed solely on the basis that she is a woman

No, it's not just women who find it hard to come forward about rape cases. It can be incredibly emasculating for a man to come forward about being raped. As such personally I'd provisionally believe a man who did come forward about it, due to the sensitivity surrounding the subject. It's not just women who are believed, it's the sensitivity and vulnerability of rape victims in general that makes them more likely to be believed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Excellent point. And then to blame the shortcomings of court cases in identifying false claims on the 'nasty evil feminists' is really just so infuriating. Feminists have nothing to do with the court process.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im sorry if i came accross like this. I didnt mean all feminists. The ones that i posted in my OP and the feminists that showed in my op. and the ones with the mentality that women that falsely accuse are the 'real victims'
Reply 13
No, it's not just women who find it hard to come forward about rape cases. It can be incredibly emasculating for a man to come forward about being raped. As such personally I'd provisionally believe a man who did come forward about it, due to the sensitivity surrounding the subject. It's not just women who are believed, it's the sensitivity and vulnerability of rape victims in general that makes them more likely to be believed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, but

Men wont be believed if they falsely accuse a woman of raping him let alone if it actaully happened
Original post by db_F40
Its also because if we keep finding out about all these women falsely stating that they been raped, no one is going to take the real rape victims seriously

Ok, so if 98% of people who make claims of rape are telling the truth, the 2% who lie are in a vast minority. Not 100% of rape cases end in a guilty verdict anyway. What the OP is suggesting is that due to this 2%, we should take 100% of rape accusations put forward by women less seriously. That's wrong. It's unfair to the 98% of genuine victims.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by db_F40
Yes, but

Men wont be believed if they falsely accuse a woman of raping him let alone if it actaully happened

Why? What makes you say that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Ok, so if 98% of people who make claims of rape are telling the truth, the 2% who lie are in a vast minority. Not 100% of rape cases end in a guilty verdict anyway. What the OP is suggesting is that due to this 2%, we should take 100% of rape accusations put forward by women less seriously. That's wrong. It's unfair to the 98% of genuine victims.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope (sorry if i came accros that way)

I was saying that, just because its 2% (that could be thousands), it doesnt mean that it is less significant as in some cases it could possibly do more damage to a man who was falsely accused then a women who was raped.

Im gonna get so much hate for that
Reply 17
Why? What makes you say that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because of the stigma that "men cant be raped" "men like it anyway" " Men are strong they can stop it if they want"
Original post by db_F40
Men who are unjustly accused of rape can sometimes gain from the experience.
- Catherine Comins

This quote really irritates me. The others about the nature of men are getting old and meaningless but this takes it to another level.

That's like saying that someone being falsely accused of murder can learn from their experience that murder is bad and victims don't particularly like it.

In fact, the only thing that falsely accused men will learn is a new hatred of feminism and might even carry out the crime they were falsely accused of in a bitter and twisted state.
Reply 19
Original post by BasicMistake
This quote really irritates me. The others about the nature of men are getting old and meaningless but this takes it to another level.

That's like saying that someone being falsely accused of murder can learn from their experience that murder is bad and victims don't particularly like it.

In fact, the only thing that falsely accused men will learn is a new hatred of feminism and might even carry out the crime they were falsely accused of in a bitter and twisted state.

well put

Quick Reply

Latest