The Student Room Group

Has anyone done a level arabic edexcel? I need help my exam is very soon :(

The ministry of my country requires me to study A level arabic and sit for the exam. I have done the past papers available for now and I feel I'm doing fine except for the writing part which I am kind of weak at. Any tips on how to study for the AS writing part?

Also for A2 paper which is 3 hours, I have read the two stories, Qindeel Om Hashem and Al Liss wal Kelab, but I dont have the A2 book that has the plot summaries and the symbolisms, explanations and such. I cannot find them anywhere and the books online will take so long to arrive and my AS exam is in two days. I will appreaciate any help received! Thank you!! :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by zeeqabbani
The ministry of my country requires me to study A level arabic and sit for the exam. I have done the past papers available for now and I feel I'm doing fine except for the writing part which I am kind of weak at. Any tips on how to study for the AS writing part?

Also for A2 paper which is 3 hours, I have read the two stories, Qindeel Om Hashem and Al Liss wal Kelab, but I dont have the A2 book that has the plot summaries and the symbolisms, explanations and such. I cannot find them anywhere and the books online will take so long to arrive and my AS exam is in two days. I will appreaciate any help received! Thank you!! :frown:

I am also taking the A2 exam,did you read Al liss wal kelab online or did you buy the book.I just watched the movie but apparently that is quite different to the book ....
I bought the book, and I watched it online. I didnt find it as different to the book; its just that the book has a lot of metaphors and symbols as well as motifs to pau attention to.
If you want to improve your writing the best thing you can do is practice translating stuff. My teacher used to print out articles from the Arabic Al-jazeera news website and make me translate them to English. I found that it really helped. My vocabulary improved a lot and I was able to express my thoughts a lot better when answering the questions. keep working on your translation and that'll improve your writing.
Original post by zeeqabbani

I am sitting the AS exam in 2 days, the essay is fine if you plan it on a separate piece of paper, make sure you directly answer the questions in the bullet points in your essay, be very OTT and poetic to make it sound nice, perhaps reference some relevant quotes in the quran where you can to be original

for preparation maybe make some notes on health/young people/education etc
and you can purchase ebooks online so you dont have to wait for delivery

biltawfeeq inshallah :smile:
[QUOTE=VETwannabe;56390943]If you want to improve your writing the best thing you can do is practice translating stuff. My teacher used to print out articles from the Arabic Al-jazeera news website and make me translate them to English. I found that it really helped. My vocabulary improved a lot and I was able to express my thoughts a lot better when answering the questions. keep working on your translation and that'll improve your writing.

thank you so much!! it helped a lot
[QUOTE=VETwannabe;56390943]If you want to improve your writing the best thing you can do is practice translating stuff. My teacher used to print out articles from the Arabic Al-jazeera news website and make me translate them to English. I found that it really helped. My vocabulary improved a lot and I was able to express my thoughts a lot better when answering the questions. keep working on your translation and that'll improve your writing.

Thank you so much I really appreciate it!
No problem! :smile: I managed to get an A* thanks to my teacher's advice. The more practice you get, the easier it becomes. Good luck!
Reply 8
Original post by VETwannabe
No problem! :smile: I managed to get an A* thanks to my teacher's advice. The more practice you get, the easier it becomes. Good luck!

Do they provided you the book in the exam?
Also does anyone know where I can get information for Arabic culture and arts essays? I dont want to risk answering the two novel questions. Thank you!
Reply 10
Hi, where do you buy your ebook's from ?
I 'am Arabic teacher and can help on that, please email me on abdul.othman@rocketmail .com

Quick Reply

Latest