The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Ahoy hows it goin?!

Ive also applied for TV Prod at Bournemouth, i got a letter back in early january saying that i have been considered and mentions about there being an interview but they havent contacted me since and most people seem to have had there interviews already...............any ideas why its taken them so long to invite me for the interview??

Dani
Reply 61
Dani,

Sorry to bust your bubble, but everyone gets that letter, it's just a confirmation of your UCAS App for thier course. Anway, regarding your interview, it seems that both you and Whatever 612 may be on the shortlist of applicants. The course is VERY oversubscirbed (hey, i didn't get in!) so they have to take thier time, making sure they have the right Applicants.

...on another note, did anyone here not go to an Open Day and get an offer??

Searlerc :tsr2:
Reply 62
i didnt go to the open day and got an offer
Reply 63
Searlerc
Dani,

The course is VERY oversubscirbed (hey, i didn't get in!) so they have to take thier time, making sure they have the right Applicants.

Searlerc :tsr2:

i think it was about 2000 applicants :O
Reply 64
OUCH!! thats alot, yep theres deff a slim chance il get in:s-smilie: Ahwell!
Reply 65
what sort of media experience do you have? Have you made any films or documnetaries? and what A levels u doing? :smile:
Reply 66
Who to Purplerat!?

...doing Business Studies, Theatre Studies and Geography.

...made a few shorts, produced a play and have 2 weeks w/e.

...i guess it's my B's in English at GCSE that did it!?

...lol yeh but oversubscribed (2000) best of luck to you that got in is all i can say :tsr2:
Reply 67
Im doing:
Moving Image Arts(A-level)-its like film making n stuff! Ive made two short films so far
ICT(A-level)
Communication Studies(AS)
Business Studies (AS)

I did some work with Dermot O'leary, like presenting and working behind the scenes and im also going to be directing 3 documentries for some Northern Ireland station this month. Thats really it i think!

If i did get into the interview, what could i bring? i have no refrences or anything, just films that i made.............

Dani:smile:
Reply 68
oDanielleo
Im doing:
Moving Image Arts(A-level)-its like film making n stuff! Ive made two short films so far
ICT(A-level)
Communication Studies(AS)
Business Studies (AS)

I did some work with Dermot O'leary, like presenting and working behind the scenes and im also going to be directing 3 documentries for some Northern Ireland station this month. Thats really it i think!

If i did get into the interview, what could i bring? i have no refrences or anything, just films that i made.............

Dani:smile:

well if u get an interview i would take some sort of proof of the work experience, like a letter and your films and any media essay you've done. :smile: Your work with dermot o'leary sounds cool :smile:
Reply 69
Searlerc
Who to Purplerat!?

...doing Business Studies, Theatre Studies and Geography.

...made a few shorts, produced a play and have 2 weeks w/e.

...i guess it's my B's in English at GCSE that did it!?

...lol yeh but oversubscribed (2000) best of luck to you that got in is all i can say :tsr2:

that sounds good enough to me. Best of luck 2 u, wat was the work experience?
Reply 70
daniello by any chance did you do that dermot o leary masterclass with a girl called chanelle tourish from strabane?? she's in my year at school.
Reply 71
lol yeah i did, shes so lovely!! just wondering, how many of use guys HAVE deff got into TV Prod in Bournemouth anyways?

P.S Decky, my names Danielle, not Daniello.....just thought il tell ya incase ur thinkin i have a really wierd name!!:p:
Reply 72
Hey danielle, I've got an offer for tv prod but just have to get my offer conditions now(grades BBB at A-Level)
Reply 73
awww well done, im sure get in! well i got a letter there to say i was unsuccessful :frown: luckily i have 5 other offers to choose from, so its not soooo bad!! but best of luck to all of ya's!!

:smile:
Reply 74
oDanielleo
awww well done, im sure get in! well i got a letter there to say i was unsuccessful :frown: luckily i have 5 other offers to choose from, so its not soooo bad!! but best of luck to all of ya's!!

sorry to hear that danielle, best of luck to you in the future :smile:
Reply 75
oDanielleo

So Danielle, looks like we join the unsuccessful crew...What other courses did you apply for?

Searlerc
Reply 76
Hey my unsuccessful partner(Searlerc)!

I applied for:-
Westminster-Media Studies TV Prod
Ulster-Communication Studies
Ulster-Communication with PR
Chester-TV Prod
London Met-Film and Broadcast Prod

They're prob not as good as Bournemouth TV Prod but i think i might go to Westminster, iv got atleast two work experiences lined up so........im happy enuff!!

How about u??

Dani
Reply 77
oDanielleo
Hey my unsuccessful partner(Searlerc)!

I applied for:-
Westminster-Media Studies TV Prod
Ulster-Communication Studies
Ulster-Communication with PR
Chester-TV Prod
London Met-Film and Broadcast Prod

They're prob not as good as Bournemouth TV Prod but i think i might go to Westminster, iv got atleast two work experiences lined up so........im happy enuff!!

How about u??

Dani

i was gonna apply to Westminster but then decided not too. And I applied to chester too! If i dont get the grades 4 bournemouth ill b there :smile: Did u go to the applicant visit day recenlty?
Im going to Bournemouth!! I just found out today that I got in! (for film production!)
Reply 79
aleathiel
Im going to Bournemouth!! I just found out today that I got in! (for film production!)

well done! see i told u not 2 b worried :smile: see u in septmber

Latest