The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emiloujess
In my opinion if you have doubts about anything, it's not the right thing to do. I started to have doubts myself about doing Psychology and uni so I read through some prospectuses, same as you did. Now I have my heart set on doing Politics and wouldn't think of anything else. Look through some more English courses and see how much doubt you have about that :biggrin:

yeah i get it but ive already told my psychology teachers that im doing psychology at uni :frown: but the thing is that ive already wrote a PS for psychology...
AQA AS Sociology, OCR AS Psychology, WJEC AS Film Studies :smile:

ah nice! How did you find sociology and psychology?
Original post by amorrison
With 15 days to results day, I am feeling less anxious and feeling a bit of confidence. Is this weird? During and after my exams, I was in shackles, I had so much anxiety and panic attacks and literally felt like I won't get into my firm (University of Exeter to do Medical Sciences) but for some reason I have a bit of an increased confidence as results day draws near. Is this a good thing or am I just being ignorant and being in denial?

I've felt like this before. For me it was probably because when the exams had been over for a while I forgot about and stopped dwelling on specifics so much, instead falling back on predicted grades and my general expectations before exams. However I was able to perfectly predict my GCSE grades - underestimated AS by one I think - from this state so this is by no means necessarily a bad thing to do.
If you had very concrete issues before (e.g. you know you lost a certain number of marks because of a now obvious error or a question you didn't attempt) rather than just having a gut feeling the exams went badly, I guess it could be denial; if it was just general anxiety about it all then your confidence could certainly be well-placed.
Original post by Puzzled_Logician
What subjects did you take?

Anyone can predict whatever results they like about their A level's, but it is never a guarantee... (In either direction...)

Hi

I took

History
Sociology
Maths (beyond horrendous hard to comprehend, not even looking at the unofficial markscheme)
Imperial Civil Engineering ?:woo:
aghhhh 16 days!!! OMFG! so close but so far away
Oh no, I've only just noticed the AQA Psychology exam papers have been put on the first page. It's bringing back so many horrible memories and making me stress more than ever! Wish I hadn't looked at them now :frown:
AQA AS Sociology, OCR AS Psychology, WJEC AS Film Studies :smile:

decided on psychology i think i'll just write stories/poetry as a past time at uni :smile: best of both worlds
Original post by kirsty953
Oh no, I've only just noticed the AQA Psychology exam papers have been put on the first page. It's bringing back so many horrible memories and making me stress more than ever! Wish I hadn't looked at them now :frown:

how do you think you done on unit 1? feel like i made some stupid mistakes...
Oh god I forgot about this thread :eek:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2950
Original post by WaywardWriter
Oh god I forgot about this thread :eek:
Posted from TSR Mobile

:biggrin:
15 days left now.

We're almost there, kids.
Original post by SuperSah
15 days left now.

We're almost there, kids.

15 days too many

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow you lot are much more active compared to us ex year 11 I'm getting my GCSE results in circa 23 days I've been having dreams about shocking grades lol I know it isn't going to happen but it seems so real. Good luck guys I have my fingers crossed for you all just a question has much more nervous are you lot compared to 2013 GCSE results day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ski_123
15 days too many

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's the week after next week :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gonna sign out and come back when theres single digits remaining
Original post by Ski_123
15 days too many

Posted from TSR Mobile

True. Should be this week. :tongue:
Original post by scrawlx101
how do you think you done on unit 1? feel like i made some stupid mistakes...

Which is Unit 1? I did A2 Psychology AQA B, I originally thought the first exam I sat (moral development, mood disorders and schizophrenia, and cognition and the law) went alright, but looking back at the paper I'm starting to think it didn't go as well as I thought.
The second one (approaches, debates, and research methods) was terrible! I ran out of time on approaches, I'm never any good at research methods so that wasn't great, and completely messed up debates. I wasn't sure how to answer the 12-mark question and so just wrote anything, so I probably didn't make any sense.

I need an A. I got a good A at AS, and need to keep it. How did your exams go? Do you think you got the grades you need?
Failed my driving test for the second time, got a dangerous near the end after just four minors :frown: Hoping I'm saving up all my luck for results, tbh.
Original post by scrawlx101
Can you give me some advice?

I wanted to do psychology at university but the problem now is that lately ive been starting to have second thoughts about doing a psychology degree and this morning i looked at some uni prospectuses and found myself slightly being drawn to english as i realized there was more on the type of things they studied compared to psychology.

I really enjoy reading fiction and writing fiction myself i also like analyzing different texts too and im kind of scared that doing a psychology degree would remove my creativity? I'm a legit bookworm and it really saddens me that since starting A levels ive kind of fell away from that as i used to read alot in secondary school...and to be honest ive always had a natural grasp for english.

i mean i like the idea of psychology and i like finding out about some of the psychological disorders i study at A-Level and i enjoy learning about other research and i ultimately know that i want to help people however i dont seem myself becoming a psychologist just because getting an actual masters is so difficult and expensive since i hoped that i would work for the NHS in some capacity.

You can option for an adjustment on results day if you want to change your mind. It means that if you do better than expected, you can look for other courses and universities, and i think you can still hold your original offer for a certain amount of time while you look around.

Latest